Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I gave up on trying to kill the weeds in my clover patch. I just go in and weed eat them now days. Doesn't kill them, but knocks them back so the deer can get to the clover. I weed eat about 2 or 3 times a summer. I normally try and cut the weeds for the last time around mid August. That way my scent should be gone by the time Sept. 15th rolls around.
Good luck!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Arrest Grass Control Herbicide is sold by Whitetail Institute...we used it once and it seemed to work pretty good...couldn't tell really how well cause it got so dry everything died anyways!

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Poast for grasses and 2-4D B for broadleafs without killing your clover. If you have chicory or any other broadleaf in the plot other than the clover that you want there it will be killed, but it won't harm your clover.

The downside is Poast is expensive stuff. I havn't found anywhere that I can buy it smaller than 2.5 gallon jugs and they go $160 or more.

If you are able, mowing your clover 3-4 times from spring through summer is the cheapest way to control weeks in your clover plot, but the herbicides definately get the job done.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Another vote here for mowing!:cheers:

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
If you do go chemical, pay close attn to the recommendations for the use of adjuvants, crop oil concentrates or similar when using grass-specific
herbicides such as Poast.

I seem to remember reading the Arrest label and they dont mention adding additional surfactants.. I have talked
to folks that used this, did not add anything and were dissapointed.
U2U Henry and he'll tell you bout this.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Rat brings up a good point. If you go with Poast get some crop oil, or you can spend a little more and get Poast Plus, don't think you have to add to that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.