Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this shotgun a few years ago as part of a trade, it's just sitting around and I don't see myself ever shooting it. I did put a few rounds through it just to check it out make sure it cycled and shoots. No issues at all. Super clean bore as you can see. Takes 2.75 and 3 in shells. Overall in great condition minus two slight barrel scuffs as seen in the pics. The crappy rear fiber optic is loose and is just one of those plastic clip ons. So i'll let the new owner throw that away. $450, located near Liberty in KC area.
Air gun Wood Grey Shotgun Trigger

Wood Textile Grey Everyday carry Tints and shades

Automotive tire Blue Wood Tread Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Font Tints and shades Wood Air gun Gun accessory

Office supplies Material property Gun accessory Wood Everyday carry

Automotive tire Tire Grey Bumper Wood

Laptop Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Netbook

Hand Finger Gadget Everyday carry Bicycle part

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that barrel was a steal, caught it for $50. On the chokes, not really sure what I have and what's in it. I'll check when I get home and let you know. But from Weatherby it says...

The IMC choke tube thread pattern is compatible with the following choke tube patterns: Browning Invector (not Plus), Mossberg Accu-Choke and Win-Choke.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All right everyone, I'm gonna go ahead and take this sale down. I got home and the choke that is in it has no markings at all besides a few notches showing that it's an improved cylinder choke. But the chokes that should thread down into it but I have extras do not. That had me scratching my head, then I noticed that it looks like the barrel was cut down. It's supposed to be a 28 inch barrel, and it's at around 27. So being that I don't know anything about who cut it down and what thread pattern they threaded it to, I don't feel comfortable selling it until I can have a gunsmith look it over

·
1,483 Posts
All right everyone, I'm gonna go ahead and take this sale down. I got home and the choke that is in it has no markings at all besides a few notches showing that it's an improved cylinder choke. But the chokes that should thread down into it but I have extras do not. That had me scratching my head, then I noticed that it looks like the barrel was cut down. It's supposed to be a 28 inch barrel, and it's at around 27. So being that I don't know anything about who cut it down and what thread pattern they threaded it to, I don't feel comfortable selling it until I can have a gunsmith look it over
The 27" measurement may not be wrong, barrel lengths are measured from the face of the bolt on a closed chamber to the muzzle, that barrel length extends some into the receiver plus space for the bolt so it'll give another inch. Also, be sure those spare chokes are Invector/Mossberg/Winc-Choke, Weatherby has used different choke tube threadings since they just buy whatever the plant is already making.

·
www.fowlfocustaxidermy.com
3,227 Posts
The 27" measurement may not be wrong, barrel lengths are measured from the face of the bolt on a closed chamber to the muzzle, that barrel length extends some into the receiver plus space for the bolt. Also, be sure those spare chokes are Invector/Mossberg/Winc-Choke, Weatherby has used different choke tube threadings since they just buy whatever the plant is already making.
That measuring method is what I’ve used in my love life for years!

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, you're right. It's 28 inches if you measure to the bolt face. Im gonna have it checked out anyway and verify the choke thread pattern. Well worth the 20 min to make sure of what Im selling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts