Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard the monday forcast from the Weather Channel. Doesn't look to promising. They call for 80% thunderstorms for the KC area. Whoa!! It just started raining just now. Probably just a passing cloud. We need the rain bad. I wish all of you hunters good luck on monday.

G

·
:eek::eek: Turks always respond to thunder claps........ Mine will have to wait until Saturday though. I hope the neighbors will stay out of my stash till then......

Good luck everyone........:wave::wave::wave:

·
5,632 Posts
BRING ON THE RAIN FOR MONDAY!!! I love turk hunting in the rain.

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whenever it starts to rain where I hunt the turks head for the open fields. I've heard that they don't like all the noise while in the woods cause they can't hear a predator sneaking up on them. This is why they head for the open fields so they can use their eyesight to spot anything tryig to sneak up on them.

·
just a no body
15,627 Posts
I'm battling between going or not..I took the day off of work. Since I'v not seen the birds in the fields latly maybe the rain will bring them out.

I agree with Mailman I think its all the noise & movement from the rain makes them get out in the fields..also if the rain breaks they'll go out to sun & dry off a bit.
I'll probably go

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bean what do you mean "probably go"? You know you will be there rain or shine. Even if ya sit in your truck you'll be there. Good Luck to ya. I'll be working......:frown:

·
I love work. I can watch it all day.
1,811 Posts
Bring on the rain !!! My :***: is covered, literally, by dog houses. Three of them strategically placed.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: So bring it.

Oh, and to all, good hunting and be safe out there.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Bring on the rain!! Wants lots of thunder too.:eek: Get those Toms a talkin'.

Jack

·
Registered
131 Posts
MONDAY- Turkey

OK, ty guys ! WAS wondering if i should bother going as its a trip north for me, but if turks like the feilds in the rain, i may go. Wish it wouldn't tho, as i think i know where 1 is anyway if no rain. :frown:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I always seem to see more turkey out during the rain, especially in the fields. One for the noise and other probably for all the bugs. I went and put out my doghouse this afternoon knowing it was going to rain. Set right on the edge of old milo field where they "usually" hang out.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well it's been a real toad strangerler her today. Never the less on the way to church, I saw two toms out in a field along big river. I hope it doesn't rain too much as I want to take the wife, she only hunts with me that one day of the year ! What is the weather forcast for around Farmington,Mo. tomorrow ?
River, why go north ? there are plenty of turkeys here in the southern half of Mo. I have two leases on the Iowa border crawling with birds but no reason to make the drive when you can kill one with in 10 miles of the house.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I love hunting turkey hunting in the rain! I don't like cleaning my gun afterwards, but it's not a bad trade in my book. I think the turkeys get more active in the rain. Serious storms make me a little edgy, but nice rain is great. I will hunt Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week and the weather guys are not calling for rain at that time, just warm temperatures. :whinging:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I imagine I'll be out there either way...but if it's raining pretty good I probably won't head out too early

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.