Weather Forcast For Monday Opening Day

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Mailman, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Just heard the monday forcast from the Weather Channel. Doesn't look to promising. They call for 80% thunderstorms for the KC area. Whoa!! It just started raining just now. Probably just a passing cloud. We need the rain bad. I wish all of you hunters good luck on monday.

2. xxx

xxx Guest

:eek::eek: Turks always respond to thunder claps........ Mine will have to wait until Saturday though. I hope the neighbors will stay out of my stash till then......

Good luck everyone........:wave::wave::wave:

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    BRING ON THE RAIN FOR MONDAY!!! I love turk hunting in the rain.

4. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Whenever it starts to rain where I hunt the turks head for the open fields. I've heard that they don't like all the noise while in the woods cause they can't hear a predator sneaking up on them. This is why they head for the open fields so they can use their eyesight to spot anything tryig to sneak up on them.

5. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I'm battling between going or not..I took the day off of work. Since I'v not seen the birds in the fields latly maybe the rain will bring them out.

I agree with Mailman I think its all the noise & movement from the rain makes them get out in the fields..also if the rain breaks they'll go out to sun & dry off a bit.
    I'll probably go

6. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Bean what do you mean "probably go"? You know you will be there rain or shine. Even if ya sit in your truck you'll be there. Good Luck to ya. I'll be working......:frown:

7. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I'm already packing for the mornin

8. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Good luck to all the MO hunters. Get a biggun!

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Good luck all! I am in till Wednesday morning, that is when I head out!

10. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

Bring on the rain !!! My :ass: is covered, literally, by dog houses. Three of them strategically placed.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: So bring it.

Oh, and to all, good hunting and be safe out there.:cheers:

11. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Bring on the rain!! Wants lots of thunder too.:eek: Get those Toms a talkin'.

Jack

12. River

River New Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Beaufort,Mo.
    MONDAY- Turkey

OK, ty guys ! WAS wondering if i should bother going as its a trip north for me, but if turks like the feilds in the rain, i may go. Wish it wouldn't tho, as i think i know where 1 is anyway if no rain. :frown:

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'll be there, rain or shine...

14. BeardsnSpurs

BeardsnSpurs New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    How far North? I think you will be okay the further north you go.......

15. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
    I always seem to see more turkey out during the rain, especially in the fields. One for the noise and other probably for all the bugs. I went and put out my doghouse this afternoon knowing it was going to rain. Set right on the edge of old milo field where they "usually" hang out.

16. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Well it's been a real toad strangerler her today. Never the less on the way to church, I saw two toms out in a field along big river. I hope it doesn't rain too much as I want to take the wife, she only hunts with me that one day of the year ! What is the weather forcast for around Farmington,Mo. tomorrow ?
    River, why go north ? there are plenty of turkeys here in the southern half of Mo. I have two leases on the Iowa border crawling with birds but no reason to make the drive when you can kill one with in 10 miles of the house.

17. I love hunting turkey hunting in the rain! I don't like cleaning my gun afterwards, but it's not a bad trade in my book. I think the turkeys get more active in the rain. Serious storms make me a little edgy, but nice rain is great. I will hunt Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week and the weather guys are not calling for rain at that time, just warm temperatures. :whinging:

18. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I imagine I'll be out there either way...but if it's raining pretty good I probably won't head out too early

19. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

rained all night but it aint now ...gonna go try my hand 4:20 am

20. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

430 and dry here in Marshall....I'm gittin dressed and puttin on the boots....see ya!!!