Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I know it's been talked about befroe but please wear safety harnesses anytime in a stand. My dad fell yesterday morning because he passed out for some reason. He fell 15 feet from his ladder stand. He has been getting better about wearing one but didn't yesterday. Luckily I went huntin with him and could hear him yell for me and got him to the ER. They were concerned about fractures in his neck and internal bleeding but at this point it looks like all of that is negative so he will hopefully end up with cracked ribs. They have told him it will be a long process till he is back to normal. He is done for Missouri gun season and maybe Kansas too. Just wanted to remind everyone how important the harnesses are.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Thank the goos Lord he lived threw hsi fall. Thank you for the reminder about safty harnesses.

·
Registered
69,765 Posts
When ever I have decided to hunt my hang on or ladder stands I put the harness as my number one item that morning and the rifle is number two. I don't bounce quite as well as I once did.

I pray that your Dad heals up fast. Might get that blacking out problem looked at too.

·
Lunch break commander
8,409 Posts
:praying:

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Hope your dad gets better fast. Speaking from experience - cracked ribs are right at the top of the suck list. About the only thing worse is broken ribs. It hurts to even breathe, and everyone around you decides to be a comedian and try to make you laugh.

Prayers for your Dad! :praying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts