We now have 14 New MDC Agents in Missouri

Discussion in 'Hunting News' started by Mailman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    MDC adds 14 new conservation agents
    Congratulations to the conservation agent class of 2017!

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) recently added 14 new agents. The conservation agent class of 2017 graduated during a special ceremony at the Department’s Runge Conservation Nature Center in Jefferson City on Wednesday, Oct. 4. During the graduation, the new agents were pinned with a badge by their families and also took the oath to become conservation agents.

“Conservation agents have played a critical role for the Department since its beginning,” MDC Director Sara Parker Pauley said. “With this role comes great opportunity, authority, and responsibility. They serve as the Department’s front line ambassadors and are often the face of conservation in Missouri’s communities. The Commission and I know these new agents have been trained very well and will do their best serving citizens and protecting Missouri’s fish, forests, and wildlife.”

These 14 new agents will be joining the 185 existing MDC agents in serving and protecting Missouri’s fish, forest, and wildlife.

The class of 2017 conservation agents and their assignments are:

• Zachary Barnes: Macon County
    • Dylan Bollig: Hickory County
    • Stratton Bond: Knox County
    • Nathaniel Carr: Scotland County
    • Kyle Clinton: Cape Girardeau County
    • Sarah Foran: Callaway County
    • Chad Gray: Atchison County
    • Jaymes Hall: Washington County
    • Hayley Honeycutt: Wayne County
    • Jared Kelly: Henry County
    • Jacob Plunkett: St. Francois County
    • Crystal Poole: Caldwell County
    • Mark Skelton: Butler County
    • Samuel Whisler: Clay County
    For more information about careers with MDC visit mdc.mo.gov.

:welcome:

2. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    3 out of 14 are women. Cool.
    Shoot, I shouldn't assume...

BustinBucks likes this.

3. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Thanks for the update, Gmailman.

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here's a picture.

[​IMG]
    Congratulations to the conservation agent class of 2017! Pictured are: (photo ID front row left to right) MDC Director Sara Parker Pauley, Samuel Whisler, Crystal Poole, Jacob Plunkett, Jared Kelly, Conservation Commissioner Dave Murphy, Conservation Commissioner Marilynn Bradford, Hayley Honeycutt, Chad Gray, and Sarah Foran. (Photo ID back row left to right) Mark Skelton, Jaymes Hall, Kyle Clinton, Nathan Carr, Stratton Bond, Dylan Bollig, and Zachary Barnes.(NOTE: High-res image available at http://bit.ly/2xjINWP).

5. MAJORTOM

MAJORTOM Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual
    I'm sure Mr. Bollig will be replacing agent Vader as I know he is coming up for retirement.

6. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Welcome to the area agent Barnes.

To all the graduates. Welcome and be safe.

riverbottomhunter likes this.
  7. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    Wonder why none were assigned to the Stone, Taney, Barry or Ozark Counties that are now in a CWD watch zone? I'm thinking some extra resources and boots on the ground should be allocated in these Counties if MDC is half as concerned about the spread of CWD as they should be.

8. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    My guess is that most of these agents aren't extra or additional agents, they are filling existing vacancies and gaps in coverage. If there were extra agents available lots of Ozark counties could use a second or third agent to catch poachers and provide more patrol and investigative work in the big public ground sections of the Ozarks.

9. radioactive

radioactive Active Hunter

Jan 25, 2012
    You are probably correct, but it sure would be nice to see MDC tackling this a bit more aggressively. The positives found in Arkansas are too close for comfort!

10. Hunter75

Hunter75 Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    USA
    Why has Knox County changed out agents three times in the past 4-5 years?

11. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    Maybe nobody wants to work or live there? If I was a Conservation Agent I wouldn't want to work there.

12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Its a pretty boring county for agents. Very rural, not many shopping opportunities for them or their wives.

BustinBucks likes this.
  13. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Welcome to Callaway Sarah Foran, unfortunately I believe you will be coming in at a busy time, wish you the best.

14. xx75

xx75 Active Member

Welcome to Callaway county Sarah Foran. Might see you sometime in the Hwy 94 Hwy BB area.