We now carry Imperial and Bio-Logic

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by mrb, Jun 21, 2003.

1. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Henry and I have added Imperial and Bio-Logic brands to our line up of quality food plot seeds. We are proud to offer these great seeds at our usual bottom line pricing.

Here is the link to get you there without searching the site for it.

Food Plot Seeds

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Mr B

Heard lots of good things about Biologic. Have to get The ChairMan some of this stuff!!

Jack:biggrin2:

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Thanks! Will be giving a shout soon....:cheers:

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    It will have to be for next year. I've already got some rape seed from Henry ~ and a few other contributors... :biggrin2:

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Hmmmmm, bet that is "fermented seed" :bangin:

6. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Keith

Not yet....:cheers:

I've heard that booze has caused rape,,, but that would be the first time rape caused booze.

7. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
  8. coso

coso New Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Have any of y'all ever planted some of these customized seed for food plots, and compared it to just planting ladino clover?? I thought about trying some of Whitetail Imperial Clover in one food plot next year and put ladino in another and seeing if you could tell the difference on drawing deer and also the staying power of the clover.

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Henry,

What do you think of the "secret spot" stuff for the application I asked you about on my new place ?

Is there something better you'd recommend ?

10. henry

I hav'nt tried the secret spot . That power plant that we put in at chairmans this year, was a good draw for the deer, if your looking for a annual foodplot. Rape is an affordable plot,,,but I am finding some people who are not getting the results we do. Let us know what you have and are wanting to do with it, and I'm sure we can all put our heads together and come up with a plan.

:smiley::cheers:

11. Booches

Booches Member

Jan 8, 2003
    Columbia, Missouri
    A friend of mine had the Imperial clover analyzed and compared to ladino. The protein rate was about 4 times higher in the Imperial. It may not make much difference if you're looking for an attractant, but it's superior for nutrition purposes.

12. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I have seen the side by side first hand also and there is a difference but to me it seemed to only be in that the germination of the WI was faster and intial growth was faster.
    I am really suprised about the nutrition info Booches, but I would be very suprised if it is correct. Plain old ladino clover bought at any seed place can approach almost 30% protien. I know that WI has worked for years crossbreading different clover types to develop thier own that are only available through them, but I personally don't think that the little bit of faster growth and perhaps a small preference if there is one is worth the difference in price.
    I bought plain old ladino from the local store this past spring and paid under $4 per pound. I personally don't think it's worth even close to what it costs. Just my opinion though. I know alot of people that swear by it, just not me.

13. Booches

Booches Member

Jan 8, 2003
    Columbia, Missouri
    HS:

I wondered out loud about the difference between ordinary ladino myself, and that's when my friend told me he had the test run. He said the ladino tested out at 7% and the WI at 30%. I don't pretend to know anything about protein rates, but it concerns me that the ladino could have tested out at 30%, but tested at 7%.

Don't know if there was any kind of problem with the test, but there was no bias. He doesn't sell it or promote it. He was evaluating for himself.

14. pa_yote_hunter

pa_yote_hunter New Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Polk County, MO
    how well does the imperial no plow stuff works? Do you just throw it over the area you want it to grow?

15. henry

I have'nt used any of it myself,,but even if it says no plow. I would sudgest making sure you get seed to soil contact, so that pretty much means some type of ground prep. It may be minimal, but I would'nt throw seed down in thatch or foliage and expect to get much results.

:smiley::cheers:

16. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

Were they both at the same stage of development? I am curious now, because I did not see much difference between the two. I always thought that clover was high in protein if 7 percent is correct then I does not have any more protein than corn does.

17. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    come on now!!!!!
    i can get 20lb of lablab for 42.99!!!!
    plants 1 acre!

18. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    letemgrow

I still wish I knew more about that test! If I were to guess I would say that the soil conditions had to be different. Ph problems or something. I don't doubt that the IW clover is a little higher, but the coop clover shouldn't be that low!

I have to retract my above statement for this upcoming year. I'm going to try out the IW clover and chicory I think. My dad is itching to try it so I guess we will.

19. henry

You would be paying full retail for the Biologic label at that price. Even though it is'nt cataloged we can get the biologic lab lab for ya for $37.
    The lab lab that is still listed on the foodplot page was pennington and is'nt even available to us anymore,,,,I guess that one slipped past me.

:cheers::cheers:

20. henry

There is a huge difference in ladino clovers. Most people call the small white dutch clover a ladino, and compare it to a premium ladino like synergy , or kopuII or imperial w. Vernal ladino is smaller and cheaper to sow,,but since it produces so much less tonage you pretty much get what you pay for in production. I find the 30% protein hard to believe for a clover,,not the 7%:eek: We had a costumer do a side by side comparison with IW and synergy. He planted half of a 2 acre plot with IW and the other half with synergy,,,he said there was no signs of a preference between the 2.

:cheers::cheers: