We have a little set back

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Ghost Hunter, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Donna is suffering with lung congestion and pain for the first time. She went for pre-op today and they had to delay the lympnoid biopsy untill they get that cleared up. She is on anti biotics and pain pills.

You may not hear from me on it for a week or so on the subject But I still need all of your support and prayers.

My faith has failed me a bit as of late. I have been grouchy and short tempered just because of the great concern I have for my wife.

I still have the faith when its all said and done my wife will be healed. I just have to quit askin the lord why me and my wife.

Thanks for carin
    Dave

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Hang in there Dave. We're pulling for you both.

3. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Keeping those prayers coming.

4. Buckngator

Buckngator New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ghost Hunter: Hang tough, in our prayers and thoughts

5. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Happens to most of us at times GH. Just got to drag your butt up and go at it again man.

6. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

GH, I wish I had an answer for you, but if I did, I'd be Aquinas and Luther rolled into one.
    Bad things happen to good people. We don't know why. Everyone's faith is tested at times, and some almost beyond imagination.
    Your family is in my prayers.

7. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
  8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1283049&tid=89763&author=Ghost Hunter]
    You may not hear from me on it for a week or so on the subject But I still need all of your support and prayers.

My faith has failed me a bit as of late. I have been grouchy and short tempered just because of the great concern I have for my wife.

I still have the faith when its all said and done my wife will be healed. I just have to quit askin the lord why me and my wife.

Thanks for carin
    Dave [/rquote]

You got it...prayers sent! :innocent:

My faith wavers once in awhile, too...it's to be expected. We aren't perfect, after all. Hang in there...

As far as askin' "why me"...all I ever get back is "why not you"? :shrug:

I guess it's because HE knows I can handle it...with a little help, of course.

Helps me understand that I can't do it all by myself...hmmm. :D

Afterwards, my faith level is usually higher...know what I mean?!

Take care,
    Rick

9. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    GH when my daughter was 15 she was diagnosed with a brain tumor and I too had to question why this beautiful, wonderful girl. Then it dawned on me why not her. What made her more special than anyone else? She was more special to me but not to any other parent. Long story short I got back to relying on God and let him do the worrying while I concentrated on what little I could control. The only thing I could control was to help keep her spirits up and continual prayer. God does care and can do great things if we let him. Keep your faith up and lean on the prayers and support that we all send out to you. We'll keep you guys in our prayers as long as necessary.

10. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
  11. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Dave, I know you & I have had our differences in the past, but I want you to know, with all sincerity, I'm thinking & praying for you & Donna on a daily basis. I'm gonna shoot you my phone # via u2u. If ya need someone to yell at, or cry with, don't hesitate to pick up the phone my friend. That's not just lip service either.

12. lma

lma Active Member

The prayers are still coming from us, and will continue. :innocent:

13. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    :innocent: continued from these parts as well.

14. SHORTSHOT

SHORTSHOT Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    KANSAS CITY
    PRAYERS ARE CONSTANTLY COMING FROM THE SHORT FAMILY DAVE. WE LOVE YOU GUYS AND AND GOD LOVES US ALL. PUT HIM IN FRONT OF IT AND HE WILL PULL YOU ALL THROUGH IT.

15. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Prayers still coming from here GH

16. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
  17. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :innocent: Take care GH. :innocent:

Parker

18. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

We haven't forgotten you and Donna, and prayers will continue from here. :innocent:

19. tometusns

tometusns New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    swmo.
    hope all will be well....finding answers to our questions sometimes seem very hard to find...I only know of whom I put my trust in and am confiddent that the answer lies in Him...my prayer is that God will heal your wife and that he will give you the strength to overcome whatever the adversary brings at you....God be with you both