Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Yea, rather than shooting them deer in the hip (as shown in the lower right) we aim for the chest.

LOL:sniper:

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Yelp back in the days when you could knock a woman in the Head drag her to your Cave have your way with her turn her lose,no problem.

oneshot
:D Thats the way the Big Grin does it.But with Mice.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Reminds me of cartoon I saw once about the evalution of hunting. Showed a primitive man with a spear, then a longbow, then a muzzleloader, then a rifle, then a muzzleloader then a compound, then a longbow and last a spear again. Each man got more modern. I sure wish I would have saved it. A picture is worth 10,000 words when I am talking!:stickfight:

·
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by JBMan
sure have, the antlers started to fork and curve upward instead:hysterical:
Well ~ I was more focused on the hunter on horse-back, hunting with spears, as far as coming a long ways...but since you brought it up, couldn't those be crude drawings of elk?! Pretty good size, since they're larger than the horses the cavemen are riding...

When I see these drawings, I'm totally amazed by our ancestors.

No Cabela's or Bass Pro, no camo, no weather channel...nuthin'!

Nuthin' but hand-made tools & gear, pure guts & survival. No guts = no survival...forget the glory.

And no styrofoam, shrink-wrapped meat, either...hunt or die , or should I say, hunt successfully ~ or die.

AND ~ if you weren't a successful hunter, I guess you had no hides for clothing, either. Just have to run around nekkid, I guess... :hysterical:

·
Registered
481 Posts
well... vegetarian is old indian word for bad hunter!

and I hope this has nuthin to do with me runnin around nekkid cause i didn't get a deer last year!:D

but i did get to take a native american indians class at college. I learned alot about what great hunters and trackers some tribes were

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.