Way Back When...

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Chairman, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    We've come a long ways, eh?!
  2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep.. now we draw the same things on computers :eek:

3. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Yea, rather than shooting them deer in the hip (as shown in the lower right) we aim for the chest.

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Would they be aiming for the femoral artery, in the hind leg?

I think that's what it's called... :neuspeuter:
  5. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    sure have, the antlers started to fork and curve upward instead:hysterical:
  6. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Yelp back in the days when you could knock a woman in the Head drag her to your Cave have your way with her turn her lose,no problem.

:D Thats the way the Big Grin does it.But with Mice.
  7. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Reminds me of cartoon I saw once about the evalution of hunting. Showed a primitive man with a spear, then a longbow, then a muzzleloader, then a rifle, then a muzzleloader then a compound, then a longbow and last a spear again. Each man got more modern. I sure wish I would have saved it. A picture is worth 10,000 words when I am talking!:stickfight:
  8. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    They were better artist than I will ever be!!! I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler!!!
  9. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Well ~ I was more focused on the hunter on horse-back, hunting with spears, as far as coming a long ways...but since you brought it up, couldn't those be crude drawings of elk?! Pretty good size, since they're larger than the horses the cavemen are riding...

When I see these drawings, I'm totally amazed by our ancestors.

No Cabela's or Bass Pro, no camo, no weather channel...nuthin'!

Nuthin' but hand-made tools & gear, pure guts & survival. No guts = no survival...forget the glory.

And no styrofoam, shrink-wrapped meat, either...hunt or die , or should I say, hunt successfully ~ or die.

AND ~ if you weren't a successful hunter, I guess you had no hides for clothing, either. Just have to run around nekkid, I guess... :hysterical:
  10. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    well... vegetarian is old indian word for bad hunter!

and I hope this has nuthin to do with me runnin around nekkid cause i didn't get a deer last year!:D

but i did get to take a native american indians class at college. I learned alot about what great hunters and trackers some tribes were