Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good pair of 14 to 16" insulated rubber boots? I've been going with my girlfriend's dad **** hunting a lot lately, and I keep having to borrow his boots. He doesn't mind, but they are kind of tight on my feet. I'm looking for a pair for around $75. I live in Springfield so if you also know a good place to go other than BP that would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone ever use these?
Muck Boots Link

I think these are the ones my gf's dad uses. They are a little more than I want to spend but I found some online for $100.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
[rquote=1495862&tid=104419&author=reitzs]Anyone ever use these?
Muck Boots Link

I think these are the ones my gf's dad uses. They are a little more than I want to spend but I found some online for $100.[/rquote]

other people love them i got a pair and everytime i wear them and its 40 or below my feet will freeze...............they are warm on way out and feet sweat and thats the end of it from there...........comfy boots and if all your doin is **** huntin they are nice for that

·
I love work. I can watch it all day.
1,811 Posts
You got the Woody Max or Elites w/ the triple lining ??? Some of the lesser priced Mucks only have one or two plys of lining. That may be your problem w/ them.:pop:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went to BP tonight and tried on some Mucks. The 11/11.5's fit my feet pretty good but were loose on my ankles unless I stuffed pants in there good. The 10/10.5s fit real snug but were just slightly tight on my big toe. I still might get them, but just can't decide what size.

Unfortunately, other than the Red Head boots which all got bad reviews on-line (and I can see why after looking at them) they didn't have much else there in my price range.

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
[rquote=1495869&tid=104419&author=Scott_288][rquote=1495862&tid=104419&author=reitzs]Anyone ever use these?
Muck Boots Link

I think these are the ones my gf's dad uses. They are a little more than I want to spend but I found some online for $100.[/rquote]

other people love them i got a pair and everytime i wear them and its 40 or below my feet will freeze...............they are warm on way out and feet sweat and thats the end of it from there...........comfy boots and if all your doin is **** huntin they are nice for that [/rquote]

Actually I believe your challenge is with your sock liner, and sock moisture whicking abilities. Wearing at least two pair of socks with the proper whicking capabilities is the ticket to combat freezing feet...

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
I never wear more than one pair of socks whether it is hunting boots, waders, or tennis shoes. Get the snowboarding sock made by Wigwam and cold feet are a thing of the past.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
BOGS. I love them, had them for a year and 3 months and use them for hunting and anything I do outside pretty much. The outer layer of camo starts peeling after about 10-12months depends how much you use them but I can definitely deal with pealing camo. They keep my feet warm wherever I go. I wear a pair of Browning socks like these - http://www.browninghosiery.com/hunting-socks.html - and my feet are never the cold part on me. Now if I could find a good pair of gloves and something to make my face warm...

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
[rquote=1499152&tid=104419&author=DADAKOTA]I never wear more than one pair of socks whether it is hunting boots, waders, or tennis shoes. Get the snowboarding sock made by Wigwam and cold feet are a thing of the past.:cheers:[/rquote]

After years of backpacking throughout the Sierras I have never worn anything other than the liner plus full sock method to combat blisters and/or cold.

I will try those socks and if they work as you say then I owe you lunch...... Not to mention much gratitude......

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
How about a basic pair of gum boots and good socks? I know it can get really cold **** hunting but you are walking for the most part so shouldn't get too cold.
:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts