Waterfowl areas

Discussion in '(MDC) All other hunting related questions......' started by knockemdeadd, Nov 5, 2010.

1. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    We have been discussing Quick Draw lately. A LOT ! lol

A question came up. Why doesnt MDC open up the current waterfowl areas ( we refer them as duck parks, ie Grand Pass, Shanks, etc ), so that all would be walk-ins? We'd like to hear if there was/is any discussion on the matter, and the reasoning behind not opening them up. Several here think that would be a better solution than Quick Draw, but thats another issue....

Thanks in advance !!

2. Maconplc

Maconplc Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    You bring up a horse that has been beaten to death MANY, MANY times. . . How to best manage the opportunities created by wetland areas. I was not in on the conversations that lead to the current quick draw system, but I know many ideas were discussed. For right now, we have quick draw. Rest assured that whatever method you are suggesting has been considered. MDC is trying to maximize hunting opportunities for the maximum number of people. From an agency standpoint, I feel that is a good thing. I just wish I could get drawn for one of those opportunities!:whinging:

Good luck!