Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are hunting some where over in Illinois. The hunter asks the outfitter, what should I do to get the bucks to me. Should I just sit and wait, and grunt and rattle. The outfitter then goes on to tell him that he can not grunt or rattle because they don't like that. What kinda crap is that. If I was going to pay thousands of dollars to go over there and hunt, I best be able to use an means necessarily to kill a buck as long as it is legal.

Plus, the hunter just took a shot and spinned the deer. Why would you shoot the spine of a deer on tv?

·
Registered
69,767 Posts
I critique those type of shows all the time. I see mistakes and fake camera shots on about every one of them. My wife asks me each time I say something about the show "Why do you watch them if you see all this stuff wrong?"

I just tell her it is better than watching cooking shows....just say'n

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1490782&tid=104152&author=Reflex]They are hunting some where over in Illinois. The hunter asks the outfitter, what should I do to get the bucks to me. Should I just sit and wait, and grunt and rattle. The outfitter then goes on to tell him that he can not grunt or rattle because they don't like that. What kinda crap is that. If I was going to pay thousands of dollars to go over there and hunt, I best be able to use an means necessarily to kill a buck as long as it is legal.

Plus, the hunter just took a shot and spinned the deer. Why would you shoot the spine of a deer on tv?[/rquote]

that is what money has forced them into. no one will want to watch people sitting in a tree not killin nothing. pressure to kill equals, what you just described.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The one I cant stand, and I might be wrong. I though it was Deer TV and Kim Hicks. Might be thinking of 2 different things. But im pretty sure the Guys name was Kim Hicks. Ive only seen 2 shows. But they just right around on Ranches on a Mule/Fourwheeler/whatever, and get out try to shoot at something and jump back in. :mad2:

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
One possibililty, they showed the spine shot to fill a kill spot for the tv. We all make bad shots and I hate to see them happen, but really learn from what I see on some of those shows.

I guess that is what you get when hunting with an outfitter, it's their farms and their rules. :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
A very close friend of mine hunted at Hadley Creek this year and it was during the Pre-Rut and it was his first outfitter hunt. He asked if he should use grunt call and horns and they said they did not like using them. Needless to say on the 3rd day of the hunt he shot a 152

1 - 6 of 6 Posts