wasnt that a big rain

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by rmr, Apr 25, 2006.

1. rmr

rmr New Member

:bangin:Thats what I'd like to do to the weatherman.
    when I went to bed last night the national weather service forecast ffor Chariton county was for Heavy
    Rain maybe as much as 3/4 to 1 inch, it got the sidewalk wet here. How can those guys be wrong all the time and keep there Job! I know they are going to miss everyonce and a while but they have missed here the last 3-4 forecasts.
    Whats worse Im probably screwed on my food plots because i used there forecast and planted thinking it would rain. A tenth on a inch will probably swell the seed and not bring it up. Whats worse how about the Farmers They are needing it bad for ponds and grass and to bring this years crop up
    I just wish they wouldnt say 90 percent chance of rain and it doesnt rain. OK I FEEL BETTER NOW I HAVE VENTED.

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Glad that you feel better! I have seeded the yard at my house. It is needing to get wet too!!!

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Sorry you missed out. For once finally it did drop on me. As of this morning we have 2.1" in our gage from the last two days :banana:

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    we havn't a rain for quite a while,seeded the yard a few weeks ago and have to water it now,sure was wishin we would get some,starting to remind of last year.

5. rmr

rmr New Member

Boy keith You sure know how to hurt A guy.

No really Im glad somebody got a nice rain.
    you must be south of here, I also heard that around KC they got some nice rain

I did talk to the guy that lives by my farm and they didnt get any at all
    which is probably better than getting a tenth and swelling the seed
    maybe it will wait for a rain.

6. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    We haven't had that much rain in Chariton County all year.

7. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    We was hurting here also. Went in the new year over 12 inches low and now still some 15 inches below normal. Lot of new wells going in for watering cattle and water for homes that have dry wells. SW Missouri.

8. Booches

Booches Member

Jan 8, 2003
    Columbia, Missouri
    I'm tired of the weatherman. And to make matters worse, they took the radar system off teh cablea year or so ago. The only way to have some idea of what's going to happen, in my opinion, is to have access to the radar. It takes too long to get on line every time I want to know what it's goign to do, so that ticks me off as well!:banghead:

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    down here round ozark weve had a lil over 2" in the last couple of days and is raining as i type

10. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    We had about 1.25" here in the KC area over the past few days.

Jack

11. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Springfield
    Here's a LINK to a summation of rain over the past week. Looks like all you north of the river need to do a better rain dance!

I use intellicast's RADAR site too.

12. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    In last 4 days weve had about a half an inch..sunflowers are starting to break surface but need some more....alot more...
    Im waiting on more rain before I put out my beans..