Washingotn county any good for deer hunting?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by MObuckman, Feb 26, 2006.

1. MObuckman

MObuckman Active Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Seems like this is the only place where I can consistently find land for sale that is in the $800-$1100/per acre range. Curious what anyone knows about this area for deer hunting...

I'd like to find land around Columbia or between Columbia and St. Louis not far off of 70 but am having little luck finding anything at a decent price.
  2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

As with any other county, it depends on the actual location. Some spots are great, while on others you'd never see a track.

3. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Plant it, and they will come!!!
  4. MObuckman

MObuckman Active Member

Nov 27, 2005
    well what parts of the county are good then?
  5. Mike911

Mike911 New Member

Apr 21, 2003
    No offense my friend but that's something you're probably going to have to find out yourself by doing a little leg work.
  6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well.. I dont have experience in those areas but I agree with Mike.. need to do some scouting. Inexpensive property is just that.
  7. If i remember right sullivan is in washington county and there are some good deer aroune there just not lots of food sources so supplemental feed would be a must.

8. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

You can't just say buy property in eastern Washington County and you'll be overrun with deer. It can vary significantly from one farm to the next, because of so many variables. Find a property in your price range, make sure you like the looks of it, then get permission to scout it out.
  9. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Washington county is 10 minutes from my house. Food source is the biggest problem. Several small (1/2- 1 acre) food plots down there, but it's the bigger food plots (5-10 acres) that are bringing in the deer. You will be more and likely running off trespassers the first year or two.