wanted.used.rifle

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by devoted, Mar 10, 2006.

1. devoted

devoted Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Clover Bottom MO
    I am in need of a high powered rile for next deer season, i would like a 7mm or 270, but would be interested in hearing about anything

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Well first off welcome aboard devoted :cheers:

what is your price range, i.e. how much are you wanting to spend? Once you determine that, you can get a better idea of what to look for..

3. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    And where are you located?

Parker

4. devoted

devoted Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Clover Bottom MO
    looking for something a little rough around the edges and not too pricey, just need some power and accuracy for deer slaying, i was looking at a 7mm ultra mag short action, how safe is it to buy this gun in the short action. What are the chances they will stop making ammo for it? Text

5. deer-hunter

deer-hunter New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    devoted

I've got a 7.7jap deer rifle . This was a military rifle that has been sporterized. It has a Monte Carlo style walnut stock, rear aperture peep sight, sling studs bolt action, 7-10 shot magazine. Great condition, shoots great, roars like a 30-06 and ballistically it is similar to a 30-06. $200 includes 3 boxes of shells 150 grain soft points for deer hunting.

I also have a .303 British enfield military rifle. I have killed many deer with another .303 British. Great condition, shoots great, has "set trigger", rear elevator sight, bolt action, 10 shot drop out magazine. This one has not been sporterized; it still has the full wood stock to the end of the barrel with sling swivels. $125

I"ve not decided for sure yet, but I may sell my Remington 700BDL bolt action 30-06. It has 3x9x40 Simmons scope, sling swivels and sling. Excellent condition shoots great. $450

u2u me or email hsheldon@hotmail.com:cheers:

6. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    devoted, beanpiles rifle is a SHOOTER if your wanting a .270 look no farther.]
    :sniper:

7. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I think its a bit pricey for him

8. devoted

devoted Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Clover Bottom MO
    Bean pile, I'm not quite sure where pilot grove is? Is this a model 70 Winchester. How old is the gun?

9. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Yep its a model 70..about 10 yeats old..about 20 confirmed deer kills at various distances.

PG is off of Exit #98 on I-70 go south 10 miles

10. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    are you letting that houge stock go with it?

11. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

depends ..I'v not found anything to replace my 270 yet and that stock I believe only fitsa Winchester..If n I find a Winchester 06 I might just put the old stock on the 270.

That Houge stock is wonderfull but it sure make a gun heavy. My 270 weighs in at 8.5lbs

12. devoted

devoted Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Clover Bottom MO
    i bought a browning eurobolt II 30-06. Not looking anymore. Thanks fellas

13. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Not familiar with that particular browning,,,but the naught six is a good choice.

:cheers::cheers:

14. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

wont go wrong with a browning