Wanted Spring Tooth Harrow

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Mailman, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I am looking for a single section to a spring tooth harrow. The posted picture are two hooked together with a seat. I want it to pull behind my ATV. Reasonably priced please.

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I'll keep my eyes open.

:cheers::cheers:

3. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Thanks Henry. I have an old one that is starting to fall apart. Maybe if I didn't use it to plow up my Ozark rocks it would last longer. I had a fella in Warsaw weld it back together but who knows when it will break again.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Well mailman, jus take a trip out ta western kansas, every time im out there, everywhere i look the farmers have their own junkyard of farmin equipment, they could retire just by sellin the stuff they got

5. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    That is a great idea. Shouldn't cost much if I ask the right farmer.

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep, when i was out there a couple years ago, my uncle (whose a farmer here) saw a couple pieces sittin out behind a barn, asked the farmer and he said sure take it, get it out of here... ya never know

7. jason6517

jason6517 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Mailman, There is a guy in Versailles that sells used farm implements. He has all kinds of stuff. He will not bargain on his price at all though. I don't have his name or anything right now but if you want it post up and i will try to get it for you. Or u2u me.
    Jason

8. jason6517

jason6517 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Mailman,
    He is east of stover. At the paint store you would take a left and then go about a 1/2 mile. He is on the right, you can't miis him. I couldn't find his number but his name is Larry Edzard.
    Jason

9. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Thanks Jason. I'm going down tomorrow to put some more corn in my feeder and check my game camera. I should have a few pics of some bald headed bucks hopefully. Maybe I'll trip over a shed on the way through the woods. I'll check out Mr. Edzards stuff. I paid $20 for mine @ 6 yrs ago.

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Thanks Jason for the info on the implement guy down at Stover. Turns out he is on N hiway about 1 mile to the north off of 52 hiway. That guy has 70 acres of old implements and a few old pickups scattered around. I saw an old International Scout that looked promising for a rebuilder. You were right Jason about him not coming down on the price. He took me down into the 70 acres and found me one that cost me $30. He has more if anyone else might need one. Pics to follow.

11. jason6517

jason6517 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Mailman, Glad I could help!!! Hopefully it will work well for you! Jason

12. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
  13. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I forgot to post this picture of the harrow with the tines in the up position. This way you can tow it like a sled anywhere you want on your place. Also makes it slide into the bed of a truck easy. I don't know why they still don't sell them just for towing behind riding mowers and ATV's. It will dig down to 5 or 6 inches if your machine has the horse power.

14. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    I think originally it was used with a one hp powerplant:wave:

15. xxx

xxx Guest

Dang it..... Who says all we know here is hunting and BS......... Good info for sure........ You guys amaze me day after day..........:wink4::wink4::wink4::wink4:

16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I am amazed also.. if you cant find it here.... you cant find it!

17. V.P.

V.P. New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    COOL DEAL!

I am needing a few implements myself.:cheers:

18. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Glad you found what you needed!
    I use a springtooth about like that for my plots, about the same but about twice as big. It's one of the best cheap things for plotting. I used it to level the ground and bury the seed on larger seeds and it works like a charm. Can't beat it!