Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
i wouldnt get a 3 pt disc unless you just have too the pull type work much better imo. If you go with a 3 pt get the biggest heaviest you can afford, watch your local auctions. I have 3pt for my 35 hp tractor and hate it, doesnt work very well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I currently have a modified disc (the back half of an old 8' pull disc). My grandfather used the original disc when he farmed 75 years ago. It's been kept over the years and modified to disc up gardens. With a bunch of weight on it and after going over the plowed ground a bunch of times it barely gets the job done. I need something more efficient. In addition to food plots, I'm looking to convert 4 acres of old fescue pasture to sunflowers this year.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I've got an extra 6' 3pt I'll sell, its what I have always used on my food plots. They really work best for breaking plowed ground but you can tear the ground up with it too.

[Edited on 12-10-2009 by Country]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.