Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a wood factory or aftermarket stock for my .243 so i can cut it down to fit my son. this is a mark II m77 short action. i don't care if it's walnut or lamanet, factory or aftermarket. i can buy it or trade the factory plastic stock (all weather) it has and some cash. i do know about boyds & the others but thought i would check here first.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Jim, here's a link to Numrich but it seems they are currently out of stock.:bangin: If you should decide to go with a Boyd's there will be some finish work needed. A Dremel tool makes this job fairly easy. I've searched all of my other sources and haven't come up with any others yet. I'll keep looking though.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1910zM77 MKII SPORTER

Jack

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by GoGop
Hey Jim,
Is this one of the stocks I like? If so, maybe I could buy it and youy'd be part way funded for your wooden stock.
YEA it's one of those you like, it is a short action mark II model. and i would be happy to take care of you on it but i can't do a thing until i get a new replacement.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by JackJr
If you should decide to go with a Boyd's there will be some finish work needed. A Dremel tool makes this job fairly easy. Jack
what kind of finish work needs to be done? inleting? or exterior finishing & sanding? thanks for keeping an eye out. i missed out on a couple real cheap but they couldn't confirm if they where for a mark Ii or tang safety. do you know if the tang safety model can be worked to use with a mark II action without too much hassle? if so i know where one is that is allready cut back.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Jim, Boyd's has the JRS Classic available in Finished condition for $147.49 for laminate and $129.40 for walnut .You may have to call them and ask about the tang safety issue. The JRS Classic as a Virtual Inlet Part will be about 90-95% complete. Some inletting and you finish the stock yourself. The inletting is usually no more than 1/16" of wood and most often less.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/BrowseEbus/JRSruger.asp

Jack

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Possibly a little of both. You just have to go slow is all. The barrel channel is easy but the action may take time. If you can sell your existing stock then the finished stock will be the way to go. I really like their Nutmeg laminate.

Jack

·
Former Chicken Man
20,377 Posts
Originally posted by JimH
Originally posted by GoGop
Hey Jim,
Is this one of the stocks I like? If so, maybe I could buy it and youy'd be part way funded for your wooden stock.
YEA it's one of those you like, it is a short action mark II model. and i would be happy to take care of you on it but i can't do a thing until i get a new replacement.
Cool. Just let me know. :cheers::dancin:

·
Registered
241 Posts
cabales has soem in the new catalog

also, JIM, i need your mail address, so i can send you a 77/22 extended mag release. i just found the pm tha was sent, my brother must have opened it and didnt let me know

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by shooter22
cabales has soem in the new catalog

also, JIM, i need your mail address, so i can send you a 77/22 extended mag release. i just found the pm tha was sent, my brother must have opened it and didnt let me know
shooter, u2u sent yer way. i have a cabelas catalog i'll give it a look. i do have my eye on a couple options i should know about in a few days. i need to get it doen soon so my son can shoot.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it looks as if i have my stock. i found one for 60.00 it is a factory lamanet stock. thanks all for looking. Gogop i'll be cutting this one down for my son but i am still looking to pick up a factory walnut stock for later on down the road. once i get that i'll be looking to rid myself of that boat paddle you so love.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts