1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
They are an absolute blast to shoot!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I've shot a couple. Nice little guns, but quite pricey. If it were my money, I'd probably go with a Ruger Mark III or 22/45 over the Walther. Both would be much better suited to the role's a .22 rimfire handgun should fulfill (plinking, target shooting, and small game hunting).

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
[rquote=1507758&tid=105148&author=macon county boy]do they jam? can u put stingers through them?[/rquote]

I looked at em, but decided not to buy, as I heard they can be quite finicky with what they will shoot well, and can be prone to jam...... I think, there are some guys on here who do own em though... I think Rat looked at em too....:thinking:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,975 Posts
[rquote=1507767&tid=105148&author=macon county boy]i found one unfired for 200 bucks i was gonna use it to get the ol lady into shootn[/rquote]

For that price, I would think it'd be worth it.....:thinking: And, she'll have a good time with it....

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
[rquote=1507767&tid=105148&author=macon county boy]i found one unfired for 200 bucks i was gonna use it to get the ol lady into shootn[/rquote]

Well, they are certainly small, light on recoil, and easy to handle. That said, I'd still take a good hard look at the Ruger and don't discount the Smith & Wesson 22A. You can find them brand new with a lifetime warranty for around $200 +/-. We've got two of them we use in our NRA Basic Pistol classes and they are great shooting guns. They have a longer sight radius than the Walther and are generally easier for beginners to shoot accurately.

[Edited on 12-12-2009 by cshoff]

·
Banned
11,330 Posts

Dude jump on it. They are awesome guns. They run great with stingers and federal bulk. I've had maybe 5 failures to fire after 2-3 thousand rounds.

·
just a no body
14,797 Posts
Good deal I gave $200 for mine .. you'll like it.

Mine does not work well with "target" 22 shells but never jams with higher Velosity shells

·
Under appreciated
89,826 Posts
Yea, I looked atem but got disinterested.
Nothing but good things I've heard about the walther but I was leaning towards the S&W 22A that choff mentions above after some research and for accuracy reasons.

I did buy a walther afterall though... not the p22.

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1507772&tid=105148&author=cshoff]
Smith & Wesson 22A.

You can find them brand new with a lifetime warranty for around $200 +/-. We've got two of them we use in our NRA Basic Pistol classes and they are great shooting guns. They have a longer sight radius than the Walther and are generally easier for beginners to shoot accurately.[/rquote]

Are you aware of the recall?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...atalogId=10001&content=750501&sectionId=10506

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE - May 29, 2009

DESCRIPTION OF THE HAZARD:

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition that may exist in certain model 22-A pistols. Based on our ongoing product review, we have determined that the slides of certain pistols manufactured from August 1, 2008 to February 19, 2009, may not meet the design specification. This can create a situation where insufficient headspace exists creating a risk of unintended discharge.

DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT INVOLVED:

This recall applies only to 22-A pistols manufactured from August 1, 2008 to February 19, 2009. Affected pistols fall within the following serial number range:

UBW0000 - UBW9999
UBY0000 - UBY4104

1 - 13 of 13 Posts