Waders? and misc duck stuff?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by MJO21, Nov 1, 2010.

1. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    My brother is getting the employee discount at Cabelas and asked if there is anything that I need?

He thinks the discount may be 40-50% on Cabelas items and 20% on noncabelsa items?

I was looking at waders and some other stuff.

What do you recommend in a good wader? I am about 6' 230lbs and wear a size 12 tennis shoe. My Cabelas muck style boots are size 11.

What other stuff do you consider as must have? needed? desirable? would be cool but not necessary.

Thansk,
    MJO

2. I wear a 12 in everything, but an 11 in cabelas waders. Necesities? Lots of mojos are a must have. And a bunch of that fake plastic corn, but seriously, good waders, and a good wader coat are almost must haves. Other than that, depends on how, and where ya hunt.

3. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Ill second the mojos and you miss as well get the ammo for duck hunting now if u can get a discount. Like a couple of years worth.

Done forget some decoy bags and a marsh chair posible a back up gun.

It is hard to help you shop with out knowing how much you got to spend even with the discount prises.

On the waders if you going to be duck hunting in cold mostly get heavier insulation. if you might be doing some warm weather duck hunting like early season then a paor of non insulated would be sugested for that. So 2 pairs of waders and a coat system that you can take out the insulation on for warmer weather.

Cabelas rt nwo has a baby mojo combos for 99.99 normally 139.99 and they got the mojo conversion kits to convert the mojos to magnetic wings. O and dont forget aquiver but or a co2 watter agitater magnet for calm days. And dont forget more ammo.

4. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    [rquote=1873844&tid=130513&author=Longbow26] Ill second the mojos and you miss as well get the ammo for duck hunting now if u can get a discount. Like a couple of years worth.

It is hard to help you shop with out knowing how much you got to spend even with the discount prises.

On the waders if you going to be duck hunting in cold mostly get heavier insulation. if you might be doing some warm weather duck hunting like early season then a paor of non insulated would be sugested for that. So 2 pairs of waders and a coat system that you can take out the insulation on for warmer weather.

Cabelas rt nwo has a baby mojo combos for 99.99 normally 139.99 and they got the mojo conversion kits to convert the mojos to magnetic wings. O and dont forget aquiver but or a co2 watter agitater magnet for calm days. And dont forget more ammo.[/rquote]

and an extra boat to haul all of this stuff. :D

5. Sounds like you have hunted with mike before! :D
    [rquote=1873889&tid=130513&author=Pastor][rquote=1873844&tid=130513&author=Longbow26] Ill second the mojos and you miss as well get the ammo for duck hunting now if u can get a discount. Like a couple of years worth.

Cabelas rt nwo has a baby mojo combos for 99.99 normally 139.99 and they got the mojo conversion kits to convert the mojos to magnetic wings. O and dont forget aquiver but or a co2 watter agitater magnet for calm days. And dont forget more ammo.[/rquote]

and an extra boat to haul all of this stuff. :D[/rquote]

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    12 stout.

Always want em just a tad bigger to leave room for heavy socks when it gets brutally cold out.

5mm neos will keep you the warmest in late season.
    3.5 are good for early season but standing in water in the late season youll wish you had heavier.
    Breatheables are king for early season but wicked cold in late season.

Must have..

Face mask
    Bag of some sort to keep it in
    Comy bucket or chair that you can stand up quick when the need arrises. (not a camp style chair)
    Hat
    Waders
    good waterproof, light weight, warm, flexible moving jacket
    Decoys with weights and string
    Decoy bag
    gun
    shells liscense

desirable..

jerk string for calm days
    mojo if you are competing with alot of people

would be cool but not mandatory..

hunt with someone a few times who knows there stuff, so many things to learn.

Be patient, you will mess up. Learn from your mistakes.

:cheers:

7. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    [rquote=1873896&tid=130513&author=Chad]Sounds like you have hunted with mike before! :D
    [rquote=1873889&tid=130513&author=Pastor][rquote=1873844&tid=130513&author=Longbow26] Ill second the mojos and you miss as well get the ammo for duck hunting now if u can get a discount. Like a couple of years worth.

and an extra boat to haul all of this stuff. :D[/rquote][/rquote]

In my defence that bad was all of Ryans gear. Just his bag was already filled wiht other stuff. :rof2:

Oi speaking of ducks we find out this evening at 8pm if we got drawn or not. :praying:

8. Where they both his mike? :D

9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    The bags yes. The brown bag actually had 2 other smaler bags in them as well. Micro packing.

The smallest one was mine thohg it had my diet coke in it. and a role of tp.

O i am confident i lost my folding nife out in your woods. Eahter at the blind it self or at where i had started working on the doe. or it fell out of the pocket on the walk back.

No big loss i jsut dint want of of the kids to find it and hert them selfs on it. its black handle and silver blade wont be hard to find. :rof2: not for the kids fo ruse its a neadle wiht a hay stack around it.