Vinyl records and turntable

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by mqqse, Mar 8, 2018.

1. mqqse

mqqse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Looking for a quality turntable and vinyl records (in good condition). Much of my collection from the 80s is scratched and worn and my music tastes have broadened. I’m in the Washington/St Louis area.
  2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Couple years late. Tossed in the dumpster my expensive (at the time of purchase) turntable, receiver and 6 huge speakers (and 8 track player). No one wanted them at our garage sale so in the dumpster they went. Sold all of my 50's, 60's and 70's vinyl's for $5 at the sale.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Got rid of all the albums I had a long time ago.
  4. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

broadened to what?. I got a box full of albums I'd give to a good home
  5. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I lost my album collection in the Joplin tornado in 2011. I had collected for 20 years and lost 20,000 albums. Everything from 50's DooWop, 60's Girl Groups, Classic rock, Psych, Jazz, Blues, etc. Lots of imports from Japan, Germany, Holland (isn't that weird).

I also lost a few very nice turntables. Sorry I can't help at this point.
  6. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    That Sux!!!!! I remember when I entered the world of imports! It was like another "secret" world kinda ! Did you ever enter/shop at any of the Tower records prior to them closing the door? Tom Hanks son Colin produced a killer DOC on Tower Records. If you haven't seen it you should! I'm guessing anyone in the 20,000 mark on vinyl purchases would enjoy it!
  7. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Amazon has a ton of turntables
  8. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    Point Labbadie Brewery has BYOV (bring your own vinyl) nights every Thursday if that’s your type of thing.
  9. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I have never been to a Tower store, but during my 20 year vinyl addiction would have loved to. My collection was gathered locally, mostly yard sales, estate sales, etc. After the tornado I lost interest in the hobby. I will checkout the link, thanks.