Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few of the threads that have been started have got me pretty fired up.

I am in love with old hunting photos.

So with that being said, let's make this thread for everyone who has any cool old pics they would like to share.

Here is one of my favorites. This is very impressive to me given the era.

[file]81384[/file]

·
6,643 Posts
Those are some cool pics. Shedhead would love the shed hut pic.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I don't have any old pics, but I have my Grandfather's hunting journal dating back to 1931...it has all of his hunting permits dating from 1931 to 54 or so...a few old pics are in there, but too small to scan...

"Oct. 21, 1932...Overbrook Kansas...Left home at 5am, home at 6:30...
Temp 60-70 Cold rain at 2...mostly cloudy
Walt 13 rabbits, 2 squirrels
Bob 6 rabbits, 1 squirrel
Me 8 rabbits and 1 squirrel

Average 1 kill every 3.5 shots...Plenty of walnuts, had to shoot squirrel out of tree for Bob. Climbed a tree for Walt and chased my squirrel 200 yards down a rock wall. Twice saw rabbits run into each other...Rabbits in heavy grass along railroad tracks and cornfield edges.
Found flashlite on road.

sold 2 rabbits for 40 cents and traded 2 for 2 gallons of gas..."

Walt was a killer!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thanks Bowmadness
Top pic- man 2nd from right was my great-grand dad, and the bottom pic is my grandpa. Like I said, this is when 22's were legal. This is the man that introduced me to hunting, mainly bird hunting, pheasants and quail. My first pheasant hunt was Kansas, in the snow, when I was about 8, and from there we went to Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa, years after. Actually his wife, my grandma, was more of the deer hunter. I've got some pics of her as well to be posted.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is one of my grandfathers' freinds (the older gentleman) and my father (the youngster) with the buck my grandfather shot on our property in Washington county. Place has been in the family since 1939.

[file]81479[/file]

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
:kewlpics::woot:

aint it funny how they loved to throw their deer on their car, or truck, instead of in it ? :2thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts