Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
I have used the 2-step method before with varying results.....

Step 1 - find turkeys
Step 2 - turn on video camera

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
mosheds glad to see you back on here. I am now officially retired from wally-world so I guess I won't be seeing you over there any more.
Got to agree with what rat said. See turkey, turn camera on.
I am going to give it a try in the morning when me & chester go scouting.

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Jus jokin on the previous post... I assume you want more advice than that.. I just aint the one to ask!

But, I assume that a good tripod in a ground blind would be the best setup. Not too mobile but if you want good quality without being busted, it might be something to consider! I know that r2ahunter has video'd several deer on occasions.. maybe he'll respond with some tips.:wave:

·
5,631 Posts
might want to put a piece of tape over the red light on the front of the camera!

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Hold on! You mean I shouldnt try attracting turks with my laser pointer?? lol

Thanks man.. now I know why I didnt see anything last weekend!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
And remember not to leave the camera on all night or you'll end up with about 20 seconds of battery for when the big tom is strutin' and drumin' in front of you the next day, right Wingman ;) :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Camo. Camo. Camo.

Cover everything up with some sort of camo tape, and some additions of some kind of leaves would be great. Though if you have a ground blind I wouldn't worry about the 3-D aspect of the camo job.

Also try to pay attention to when you focus and zoom in/out. A turkey can and will see the internal parts of the lense move.

Hope that helps you some!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Originally posted by swmo
And remember not to leave the camera on all night or you'll end up with about 20 seconds of battery for when the big tom is strutin' and drumin' in front of you the next day, right Wingman ;) :banghead::banghead::banghead:.
how did i know that was coming.:banghead:

i am upset that i was not able to get that footage on video but hey, i am always screwing something up. at least everyone had three shells in their guns this time.:D

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
If you are wanting to sell your footage....Spend your hard earned money on a GOOD camera, and fluid head Tripod...for starters...

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Originally posted by wingmaninmo
Originally posted by swmo
how did i know that was coming.:banghead:

i am upset that i was not able to get that footage on video but hey, i am always screwing something up. at least everyone had three shells in their guns this time.:D
True, but Jamie's still rubbing it in on Alex that he only needed one to get his bird :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Originally posted by rat
I have used the 2-step method before with varying results.....

Step 1 - find turkeys
Step 2 - turn on video camera
That's just the funniest thing that I've heard all day. Thanks for the laugh rat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.