Videos

Discussion in 'Tech (computer) Alerts and info' started by henry, Sep 20, 2017.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Since the adds on the site went to mostly videos the site stalls and won't load worth a dam on my PC.

Is anyone else having issues like that ?

It stalls everytime a video starts to load.

DCSarchette likes this.
  2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I don't see any ads. Just install an ad blocker on your browser, so you can avoid them altogether.

3. henry

I may try that. It is as slow as the weather channel site loading up.

4. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    We're ad-dependent. If you like MWT I ask you not to use Ad Blocker. The only person it hurts is the people bringing you MWT. Google will just serve the ad somewhere else and make their money. We're the ones who suffer.

That said, ads are not supposed to slow you down that much. Which ads are they? There might be a problem that needs to be corrected.

5. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    We're ad-dependent. If you like MWT I ask you not to use Ad Blocker. The only person it hurts is the people bringing you MWT. Google will just serve the ad somewhere else and make their money. We're the ones who suffer.

That said, ads are not supposed to slow you down that much. Which ads are they? There might be a problem that needs to be corrected.

6. henry

It's the video adds. It stalls the screen when they load. Very annoying. I don't mind the adds to the right , but there seems to be a lot more video adds . It's like waiting on the weather channel to load .

7. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    I just want to be clear so I have it right, it's all video ads causing the slowdown? Not just one in particular? I ask because on another site I had a buddy with a similar issue but it was a singular ad.

8. henry

If it's just one it's pretty prolific. I was on at the house day before yesterday and for the whole time I was on the stalls were almost constant.

DCSarchette likes this.
  9. henry

@Austin

This is the culprit. It was running good a few minutes ago. When this showed up screen freezes started. video.PNG

DCSarchette likes this.
  10. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Active Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    Mine does the exact same thing and with the same video. It has got me to the point I am about to quit MWT altogether. It is annoying as can be and I get on here to relax---not to be aggravated the whole time I am on here. It took me over 7 minutes to post this comment waiting on this thing

11. DCSarchette

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    I stand corrected ---over 7 minutes to write the comment and then another 3 to get it posted

12. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    Dang, I wish you guys could get more. A URL would be great. I'll start hitting refresh till I get it, but that could be never knowing my luck. If you get it again, click it, follow it, and then post the URL. I'll see what I can do on my end in the meantime.

I know issues are frustrating guys, but we're a community and we work together to solve problems. That's the point. You've never had a problem with your cable or internet? Same principle. We're going to have some hiccups, but if we work together we'll get them solved. I promise you that. Not everyone is getting caught up on this video since there's only a couple of you reporting, so there's something unique about your machine or process that has to be identified. It's not a straightforward solution I'm afraid. I wish it was, but it's not. It's problem-solving at its greatest.

DCSarchette likes this.
  13. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    Just had my first two videos in the last 5 minutes. You can't really click through to it. I right clicked and said copy video address and apparently that doesn't work either.^^
    It's a TLC commercial.

14. henry

That screen capture I showed you is part of it. It's a highlight reel or something advertising TV shows I think. It has so many videos linked in it , it stalls the site when they load. It's not easy to explain other than that and it just recently showed up.

DCSarchette likes this.
  15. Austin

Austin Administrator

Dec 14, 2015
    Thank you for the URL. I'm going to keep trying to find it and see what we can do.

16. henry

17. DCSarchette

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    I can say one thing---It is a super duper pain in the sitter. I have just quit and went to other sites several times