Video camera...

Discussion in 'Trailcams & Accessories' started by Crappie, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

Would like to buy a small video camera, don't know much about them. How they work etc. Memory and all that. Gonna go on a hunt and would like something compact but good for the money. Also do the family tapeing.. Thanks Kevin

2. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    best advise I can give you is go down to your local best buy, or anyother electric outlet and try to find someone to help you. Go someplace that has a lot on display that you can finger and see what you like.

3. xxx

xxx Guest

Don't think too many of us have them yet... I know I've been looking also but with so many to choose from I'm kinda like you........... HELP.....

Good luck and if you get one please give us the low down on it.....:wink4::wink4:

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I have a little Sony Hi-8, wish it was digital...I've had it for about 8-10 yrs.....hardly ever use it nowadays....I do need to get a new battery for it. It takes good video, I highly recommend a good tripod to cut out the shakes especially taping a hunt. I think wallyworld sells this camera new for less than 400 bucks, but not sure on price...

5. twag

twag Senior Member

Sep 29, 2002
    Lee Summit
    Look at video cams from major optic giants...such as Canon, Nikon, Olympus, and Kodak.... although not necessarily in that order. These guys have been making photographic equipment forever and know good glass.

My experience with Best Buy (worst experience) and other electronic outlets have been mixed and that's being kind. A ton of web sites can give you a ton of knowledge if your willing to do the research. Also the best bargain/purchase can be made over the internet.

6. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Crappie, I will video tape your hunt! After I'm done!!:D I just bought a new camera,a Hi 8 Handy Cam (Sony) I really like the picture and valume but not that happy with the zoom, it gets pretty shakey, the best thing about it is it has a Night Shot switch and I can video in total darkness! That is nice! I think it was under $400.00 and is very small...

7. greenbow

greenbow New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Look at b and h photo/video. They are out of New York but have the best prices and I have bought for myself and school and got great deals. Sony is the best. The school has a DCR-HC90 and works great for halftime night performances. (Low light.) Bogan has some great tripods for less than $200 that work great. I got all of our stuff for under a $1000. Email me if you want more info.

8. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

That sounds like a good deal thanks.