Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tis' the season! :scared:

I was just checking to see if a deposit to my checking account had been posted yet, using my banks' on-line service, and noticed a strange charge to my acount.

Called customer service to report it, and now I get to go through all the hassle of sworn affidavits, police reports, canceling my check card, etc...not to mention having to transfer money to my checking account now, so my account doesn't become overdrawn.

Just wanted to give y'all a heads-up, to keep an eye on your bank & credit card account charges, and verify that you're not a victim of fraud too (ID theft, or whatever they want to call it nowadays).

Luckily, we caught it in time...but that still doesn't keep me from from being very irate! :mad2:

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
You might contact the big 3 and report an attempted fraud... they'll watch your credit.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
their out there ,your lucky to catch it when you did.still a bite though

·
17,685 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. I use my cards all the time for purchases on-line and etc. and sometimes makes you wonder. Glad you were checking and everything is working out

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I'd freeze all of my credit at this time. Costs $10 with each credit bureau but no access will be allowed to them so no cards can be opened on your name and info.

·
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips, y'all... :wave:

The fraudulent charge was posted last Friday. I wasn't even planning on checking my on-line banking statement today, 'cause I wasn't really that worried about the deposit I was referring to...I just wanted to verify it. I usually check my on-line statemnet on a regular basis, but with everything that's going on lately (holiday happenings), I haven't checked it in awhile.

Good thing I checked my balance today, though. More than likely, I would have been overdrawn before the end of the week. The fraudulent charge pretty much wiped out my recent deposit...

I think that these criminals count on everyone being too busy this time of year, to be paying attention...especially with all the extra holiday shopping & charges going on. Plus it wasn't a huge amount, so it didn't stand out (at first)...which I'm sure they were counting on too. It was just under $400, but it was enough to get my attention. I immediately called the wife, and asked her if there was anything she "forgot" to write in the checkbook. I didn't want to spoil any surprises, but more than that, I surely didn't want my credit report to be flagged for any bouncing checks.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I know you guys are all aware of Ebay fraud but a few years ago i got conned out 5k on there by a second chance offer, what ticks me off is my gut told me something was wrong but i didnt listen to myself, the money was never recovered so i learned a hard lesson about fraud that day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts