Vice President Chaney shoots hunting partner

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Grumpy, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Central MO
    I don't know much about it. They said it was some lawyer. Didn't kill him but put him in the hospital.
  2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I guess if it was just a lawyer, it was no great loss....hehehe

3. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
  4. Shootagin

Shootagin New Member

Feb 11, 2006
  5. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    What in the world does the value of the property he was on have to do with the accident? Typical of CNN.
  6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    "This is something that happens from time to time. You now, I've been peppered pretty well myself," said Armstrong.

Just happens?! People getting peppered at a mile just happens. Getting hit to where you've got to get the pellets removed does not just happen!'s my question that I hope surfaces! Who in the party of hunters were wearing their hunter orange?! :mad:

Sorry guys.....I don't find it funny. Its a national black eye on the shooting sports.

7. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    happens time to time?
    remind not to go bird hunting with them guys. I've been peppered from duck shot at long distances (fountain grove where permant blinds are set up about every 300-400 yards)but never shot while bird hunting.
    this defintly does give hunting a bad name though.
  8. Cherokee

Cherokee Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    This is just what the anti's have been looking for. I wonder how long they will beat this subject.
  9. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Sadly teh Anti Gun ppl will have a feild day with this. And sadly the Democrates will as well. Just one more thign to try ot mare the President Bush's administration.

On one hand thouhg it goes to show that when one or more persons in a hunting party do something unsafe or out of norm that acidents can happen no matter who you are.

I always thouhgt when out bird hunting one had fields of fier pre designated. That if a bird goes out of your field you stop traking it. One of the safty featers build into teh sport to stop things liek that from hapenning. I prolly am rong thouhg since I have never been bird hunting yet.
  10. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Great point Longbow. The thing to take away from this is that no one is immune from an accident. Every one in the hunting party needs to be aware of what is going on.

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    We had a slight incident 3 weeks ago at a continental type pheasant hunt. It could have been MUCH worse but I will say this.. in this type of hunting situation, wear your safety/shooting glasses!
  12. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Orange hats are also a good idea. Tracking flushing birds it gives the shooter a better chance to put the stop sign up. I understand things can happen when hunting, but it sounds to me like the gal that owns the ranch is trying a little too hard to cover up Cheney's error. He should know where the other members of his hunting party are. Normally a bird hunting party will wait to regroup after a bird is retrieved by dog or hunter, but if for some reason part of the group moves on, rejoining from the rear (where people have already walked) is the safest way.
  13. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Too bad for the guy who got it and for hunting on a national level.

Do you guys remember when Bobby KNight shot some one in the same kind of deal ?
  14. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Sure do. And the next away game they had the whole stands were filled with people wearing orange vests! :rotfl:

Any way ya look at it, this here was a bad deal. Just more negative ammo fro the press, from a lot of different angles. :frown:
  15. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    I hadn't heard the orange vest thing....if it isn't such a bad deal... that is kinda funny.
  16. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    "She said the pellets missed Whittington's eyes and he remained conscious. Each hunter was wearing a bright orange vest, she said."

17. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Just saw a lil schpeel on the local news here about it.. Said he shot the dood 30 yards away.. how in the hello can you not see bright orange 30 yards away.... :neuspeuter:
  18. xxx

xxx Guest

30 yards can make a pretty large pattern..... Sounds to me like he caught the outside pellets. Maybe just outside the shooters focused field of view as well.... Just a thought.
  19. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    The dude had to have caught some pellets in some pretty wrong places for an overnight (or maybe two) hospital stay!