Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Very Few Bucks on Trailcams

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  swat1018 
#1 ·
Hunted 3 days this past week in Northeast Missouri and barely saw any deer from varuious tree stands. Granted it was warmer than you would like but i thought I would definitely see some before and “in between” the crazy thunderstorms that came through Friday. Trailicams showed a fair amount of does but very few bucks for the last 30 days.

Neighbor found half dozen dead deer from “Blue Tongue” in the last couple of weeks. Hoping it was just a lull and not a sign to what deer season will look like.

#6 ·
Yes, I hunt in Knox County. Hoping the Bucks are just sticking around their acorn supplies and just like you’re say Mailman, I hope the Bucks start roaming soon!. Last year or the year before, the same thing happened when I hunted late September, and it was warm as well. I didn’t see much early on, but was successful later on.
I promised myself I would not hunt early in the season. But having a few days off, I could not help myself and ended up in the tree stands. I have no regrets because spending time in the tree stands is therapeutic. I suppose I started this thread just to see what every-one else was seeing or experiencing here at the tale end of September.

#14 ·
I wouldn’t worry. If you have does you will have bucks. The farm I hunt never has many bucks early season but will have several by the end of October. Just a couple days ago I saw a group of 7 bucks still together. As the bucks get less tolerant of each other they will spread out filling in many of the voids.

#15 ·
Sure, there are and will be deer. I don't really know the extend of the outbreak this year, and it varies from location to location. I can tell you that my farms were just getting good age structure again from the 2012 and 2013 outbreaks last year. Of course, it's less of a factor if you like shooting dinks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.