Vernon county MO

Discussion in 'How to post photos' started by sabre032003, Oct 25, 2015.

1. sabre032003

sabre032003 New Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Anyone have any info info on trophy potential in Vernon county. We have access to hunt property along the Little Osage river on the Kansas border. Property's west boundary is the KS MO border. Common sense tells me it will be good. But would like some feedback from those who know.

2. flatlander_

flatlander_ Really? Show me. .

Not sure what your definition of "trophy potential" is but I'll give you my two cents worth.

I worked for a taxidermist in Vernon county from 1999-2006. Any of the major river bottoms have trophy potential it's just a matter of how much pressure the area has and if it is easily accessible. (Like most areas) Most of the higher scoring deer we worked on that came from Vernon co, came from the river bottoms. I haven't been around that area for some time to keep up with the dynamics of the population, hunting pressure, etc. But being that's it's bottom ground and borders KS I'd say you've got a good spot. Good luck!

3. sabre032003

sabre032003 New Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks, I should have defined trophy as it is in the eyes of the beholder. I would say 140" plus for me.

4. Wooddust

Wooddust Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2003
    You need to send me in to scout for a couple years