Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving into work last Tuesday and noticed a real nice buck in velvet bedding on the side of I-70 just past Odessa. I assumed he had been hit because I'm sure he would have found a better place to bed down for the day. So I take the next exit and head back to get some pictures because I was sure I could get close to him. He already had some nice browtines and his rack was out to his ears and starting to fork. Well when I was about a mile from getting back I see a Highway patrol pull over and by time I got there he shot him. So no pictures for you all. I didn't stop because I didn't think the guy wanted his picture taken with his smoking gun still drawn.

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah we checked it about two weeks ago and had 98 pictures. All deer mostly does and last years fawns. Had three bucks that were starting to grow some head gear but nothing to exciting. 1 1/2 year olds. My friend and I shot some carp down at lake of the ozarks two weekends ago and sat his cuddeback up on one of the dead carp. Got some real good pictures of ***** getting a free meal. Then we got the bright idea that we would set it on his dock and the ladies didnt find it as amusing as we did that they were getting their piccture taken about every minute while they were laying out. I would post some of those but I do enjoy being married.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the trooper did the right thing and put him down. Hopefully he followed that up by making sure the meat got to someone who could and would use it. I hate seeing dead, bloated deer carcasses along the side of the road when they could have been used by someone if the situation was handled properly.

· Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by woodcarver
boat, dock, from the bank and my favorite off a three story deck. Havent ever hit one from the deck but we have got close and when it happens it will be braggin rights forever.
LOL....ya need somethin to stop em down in front of the deck cam.....a "mineral lick" of sorts......lol:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.