VEGETATION KILLER ?

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by knockemdeadd, May 30, 2009.

1. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    I need to PERMANENTLY kill some vegetation. I know there's Roundup, but that seems to be "temporary". Is there something that can be applied to weeds/grass, so they DONT come back? I dont care if it ruins the soil, dont plan on EVER using this area for anything. Its rocked/matted underneath, but the stuff just grew up through the rocks:mad2:

It would be nice if its also "safe" seeins how I'm going to kill some weeds/grass here at work.

Help!!!?????

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

3. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    theres something called spike, i heard it kills everything..and kills it DEAD.

4. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    thanks Jeremy.

and if you see Gakic, give him one of these for me:stickfight:

:cheers:

5. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
  6. poppachuck

poppachuck New Member

Jul 23, 2007
  7. yankee

yankee Senior Member

if ya ever trapped, we would mix sodium chloride in our freezeproof dirt, and for years to come nothing would grow in those sets, my vote is sodium chloride, best found at a place that sells premixed concrete, they mix it into concrete when temperature get colder to keep concrete from freezing

8. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1280622&tid=89595&author=yankee]if ya ever trapped, we would mix sodium chloride in our freezeproof dirt, and for years to come nothing would grow in those sets, my vote is sodium chloride, best found at a place that sells premixed concrete, they mix it into concrete when temperature get colder to keep concrete from freezing[/rquote]

yes i've trapped....they are hard to hit on windy days:D

sodium choride as in..... salt ? do i remember my chemistry from 35+ years ago ?

9. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    ifn' your wife is like mine, move them to her garden, ain't nothing growing in there.:D

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  11. yankee

yankee Senior Member

sodium chloride, id buy it 10lbs at a time from a concrete supply, im no chemist, i knew it as sodium chloride:shrug::shrug:

12. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1280642&tid=89595&author=winger]ifn' your wife is like mine, move them to her garden, ain't nothing growing in there.:D[/rquote]

heres the dealio....we(the post office) paid a guy 2 yrs ago to come out, lay down a weed barrier, and cover with rock. its a strip between my parking lot, and the neighbors...maybe 15 ft wide by a long strip, 100+? ft?

well you guessed it....after that $2500 job, the weeds are just sprouting back up thru, and we're getting warnings from the city. i called the landscaper, he said, "sue me, i wont pay anyway".

anywho...im thinkin i need to just spray/treat it, and hope that works for a few years(until i retire, anyway)

13. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    You could always walk the area with a fuel can full of diesel that you didn't know had a leak in it...

14. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

I think walmart sells salt....

[file]59013[/file]

15. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1280654&tid=89595&author=Gakic24]I think walmart sells salt....[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

wow, never thought of that!:eek:

:stickfight::stickfight::stickfight::stickfight: dang chair keeps BENDING !!!:mad2:

16. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1280653&tid=89595&author=htredneck]You could always walk the area with a fuel can full of diesel that you didn't know had a leak in it...[/rquote]

oooooo thats nice! wouldnt you just LOVE to see THAT on national news? FIRE !!!!:eek:

"howd the fire start"? well you see, this guy, his name is MUD, put this diesel fuel on the ground.....:stickfight::stickfight::stickfight:

17. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Plausible deniability - "I swear, I didn't know that can had a leak in it..."

18. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    go to home depot its next to the roundup called total vegatation killer. I have sprayed hundreds of gallons of it. Just make it ten times stronger than they suggest. On a sunny day weeds will turn black after 5 hours or so

19. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1280693&tid=89595&author=leasburg]go to home depot its next to the roundup called total vegatation killer. I have sprayed hundreds of gallons of it. Just make it ten times stronger than they suggest. On a sunny day weeds will turn black after 5 hours or so[/rquote]

wow thanks! just use a bug sprayer?(thats what we've got).

20. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    yep they say it makes 13 gallons, id make 3 or six out of it. The stronger the better 20 bucks fo a gallon