Vector question

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by jdgreer, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jdgreer

jdgreer New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Parker,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this so please delete if it isn't. Where would you suggest i get the rubber o-rings that are on my call. I was changing tonesin my stand and when i pulled it apart one of them fell off. From 18 feet i have no clue where it went. Still works great just want to get a better seal.

Thanks for a great call. I killed my best bow buck this year and grunted him in!!

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    No problem man. Those rings are not going to last forever. Just no way around that. :cheers:

I'd suggest going to a LOCAL hardware store and asking to get into the faucet o-rings. You'll want something in the 1/2" inside diameter area.

If you go to Lowes or Home Depot, they only come in boxes of 10.

I've got o-rings that are 5 different sizes and two different material types that I size to each call for the best fit. There is really no way of knowing what size was on your call on that top notch without getting a chance to fit them.

Any of this kind of stuff I can always fix folks up at the Chillicothe or Columbia Deer Classics too. :cheers:

Parker

3. jdgreer

jdgreer New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Thanks

Thanks Parker, picked some up today!!

4. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Might be a dumb question, but how do you change the tones. And exactly what reason would you want to

5. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Dane-ger, there's a smalle o-ring on the reed. By sliding the o-ring to the front or rear of the reed you change the tone.

6. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    sliding it all the way down past the last notch makes the LOW grunt that the vectors are famous for!

7. monsterbuk2

monsterbuk2 New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    down the road
    my o ring feel off to but i still have one left. i change the tones from time to time. to a lower tone for younger bucks or a doe.

8. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    The reed can also be slid in and out (BARELY and VERY CAREFULLY) if you are feeling REALLY froggy. This movement can be messed up pretty easily, but it is another way of tuning the call. In general, the 45 degree cuts on the reed should be out JUST a smidge past the toneboard.

Parker

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I move mine quite often. After I pull it apart and make my adjustment I always lick the O-Rings prior to putting it back together. Makes it slide together better and keeps the O-Ring from cracking so soon.

If you have a Westlakes (Ace Hardware) near you they sell the washers one at a time.

10. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    Parker,

when did you say you would start taking orders for grunt calls again? Sorry I forgot but I'm gonna get one when you do

11. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1890834&tid=131564&author=dodge]Parker,

when did you say you would start taking orders for grunt calls again? Sorry I forgot but I'm gonna get one when you do[/rquote]

January. :cheers:

Parker