Varmint Hunters Magazine

Discussion in 'Predators' started by Landlover, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I just thought I would share a magazine that anyone interested in varmint hunting or reloading would love. It is a great publication and definitely worth the subscription price. Has anyone else ever read this magazine? Their website is www.varminthunter.org

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Thanks!.......:cheers:

3. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I currently subscribe to Predator Xtreme, but I'm gonna let it expire...

4. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Been a VHA member since '98. I keep THAT membership current:wave:. The rest may come and go, but that one is always up to date. I've been to the VHA clubhouse in Pierre, too, awfully nice folks! I HIGHLY recommend it.

5. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I didn't mention that my mother-in-law is part owner and accountant of VHA (Janet Hansen). She takes care of me with VHA stuff and I love to go up there and visit. They have great walleye fishing and dog shooting up there. Next winter I plan on doing a combo goose-pheasant hunt. I consider myself very lucky to have such a nice hook-up and her daughter is an awesome lady/mother. BTW my wedding gift from her was a .22-250. Needless to say, we got off to a great start.

6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I found my "home page" through the VHA website, the GGVG Message Board. I've met a bunch of great people through that website, some local, some, not so local. I've got a gang heading up that way in June, for the PDs, about a dozen of us. Really looking forward to it! I haven't met Janet, but have met Jackie and a couple others. All of them, VERY nice people.
    Chairman, if you like content instead of ads, you'll find The Varmint Hunter Magazine WAY better than Predator Xtreme, it's mostly written by the membership, so there are articles in there by people like us, not some shill for a gun company (although there are SOME of those, they have to pay the bills, after all). It's not as good as the early issues were, but it's head and shoulders above anything else right now.