V.P. Cheney accidentally shoots hunting partner

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by MTRaised, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'd rather it would have been "W".

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    i hope for his sake it wasn't a democrat.:rotfl:
  3. I guess im missing the point? Was that a pro democrat statement like i took it to be??

4. T- Bone

T- Bone New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Wayne County Iowa
    To bad it wasn't "W"?????

It should have been nobody at all if that guy would have annouced his presence when joining back with the group.

Now if we shoot some politician make it Hilliary or Kerry or Gore.

Now for the seceret service reading this I'm joking
  5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    What I meant by rather it would have been "W" is if Chaney shot Bush just to get to be the President for a while. I can hear the jokes from the Leno show. Of course I am not serious at all. I don't wish any harm to no one except Michael Taylor. He is the guy on death row here in Missouri for killing 15 year old Ann Harrison 17 years ago. He claims that the Leathal Injection is cruel and unusual punishment. I don't want to talk about it any more....it just gets me boiling mad.
  6. I understand.

7. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Does anyone know if the guy that got hit was wearing any orange?
  8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Don't know, GG...

I just watched the ABC News video, and it wasn't mentioned.

I'm also wondering how close the guy that got peppered was?
  9. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    From what I understand the guy shot was an old friend who stepped into his line of fire on a covey rise. Just an unfortunate accident. but no one was killed. I'm sure the liberal left will have a feeding frenzy with this one. A guy I know got shot in the face by his turkey hunting buddy. Took 6 magnum #6 out of his cheek. Hence his e-mail address is six shot but he wasn't harmed much, just took the shot out and you can't even tell he was hit.
    I find it hard to understand how a guy can get shot turkey hunting,but Mo. has accidents every year. I thought it was a short range game and if you can't tell a man from a turkey at 35 yds stay out of the woods !
  10. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Saw a thread that said that all members of the hunting party were wearing an orange vest and that the guy that got hit had rejoined the party from behind after retrieving a downed bird. Sounds to me like Cheney should have been more alert to the location of his hunting party.
  11. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    The guy was a rich lawyer friend and had changed positions without saying a word so Cheney had no idea were he was. It was an accident pure and simple!
  12. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    What about know your target and what's beyond it? Do we need to say what's in front of it also? Finger+Trigger=Destruction, hmmm, sounds simple!
  13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Get this... I was watching the news early this morning and here is the teaser line that Kay Quinn says on channel 5..

"Cheney shoots man while on vacation in Texas"... she said nothing about "accidental" or "while hunting". geez, they are having a hayday with this story.
  14. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Don't know what rich lawyer friend has to do with it, but...

"Armstrong said she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shoot at a covey of quail.
    Whittington shot a bird and went to retrieve it in the tall grass, while Cheney and the third hunter walked to another spot and discovered a second covey.
    Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong said.
    "The vice president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by God, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."- "

From that account, it sounds to me like they should have waited for Wittington to rejoin them in the first place, but if not, it is still your responsibility to know your safe shooting zones at all times. If you aren't sure you shouldn't shoot. The safest place for Wittington to rejoin the hunting party that left him, should have been from the rear