Using doe urine....

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by JrNation88, Nov 8, 2010.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    theres been alot of discussion on here about using scents... I am with the group that does not buy the store bought stuff for reasons explained in other posts.....

However, I have been buying some fresh doe urine from a student who collects it for me off their deer farm. I took off tomorrow to bow hunt and as a gift for helping support her 'business' she brought me a couple of bottles collected today at 4 pm, so about as fresh as it'll get.

As far as using urine, how would you suggest doing it? dragging it, hanging a couple wicks, etc....

thanks

2. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Maybe gargling...........................................

Okay that was mean:D. Try dragging it on a rag, as you walk to your stand.

3. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Maybe gargling...........................................

:rof2:

4. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    you can tie a string to one of these (or a similar product) and tie it to your boot. Dip in scent and drag as you walk to your stand to leave a scent trail. Hang it off your stand so the wind can carry the scent.

[file]146929[/file]

You can also doctor up a scrape or two that you may have near your stand.

I'll be doing the same thing. Good luck, if it works you can U2U me the name of your student and I'll buy some from her next year:D

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    I splash it on like aftershave....nothing says dedicated deer hunter any more than a fresh shave and a musky fragerence

6. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

I usually use some on a drag-line to my stand opening morning,then re-fresh it a little if I intend on dragging it a long ways...when I get to my stand I put up around 3 scent wicks with the same scent in a triangular shape around my stand to cover the front,side and back! :cheers: :eek::

7. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    [rquote=1886224&tid=131414&author=GTOHunter]I usually use some on a drag-line to my stand opening morning,then re-fresh it a little if I intend on dragging it a long ways...when I get to my stand I put up around 3 scent wicks with the same scent in a triangular shape around my stand to cover the front,side and back! :cheers: :eek:: [/rquote]

this is kinda what i was going for but did not want to overdue it. I know on the back of those scent bomb packages, they show hanging three of them around you but have also read that too much scent would spook them

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Scent wicks?:rof2::rof2::rof2: You ain't got any old socks? Scent wicks, now that's funny! Old socks work better and they are so big they spread more scent. Give me the money for scent wicks and I'll send you some old socks!:rof2::rof2: I've been using socks with Tinks before they made scent wicks. Just drug it with an old shoe lace to my stand, guess poor people have poor ways, but I know a million ways to save a dollar.

If you squeeze them does just right, you can put it within an inch of where you want it.

9. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    I buy the small spray bottles from wal mart, I'm always spraying the bottom of my boots with it when ever to or from my stand. I have had deer come in nose down on my footsteps several times, the spray bottle makes a fine mist so it's conservative as well. I keep it in my belt pack and can hit a few sprays quietly when I have deer coming in as a cover.

10. GTOHunter

Yeah Cherokee.....Tinks Scent Wicks,kinda like what MOfish20 has pictured...only they are square shaped with a ornage rubber band to stretch over tree limbs etc.. for hanging! :cheers: :eek::

Yeah right Cherokee...I can just hear what the Bucks in your area say...."Dang...Cherokee went and Pee'd all over his nasty socks again"! what a tight-wad! :thinking: :whistle: :rof2: :stickfight: :hysterical:

11. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    be sure to wash your old socks before using them:D

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh yeah I washed them in Micheal Waddell liquid non scent, non UV, non UHF and non VHF detergent that cost me $50 bucks.

Blow your money, I don't have it to waste. Food around here is starting to get hard to come by. I just can't believe all the money pits you guys fall for.

13. GTOHunter

Its only money.....and I ain't taking it with me when I'm gone! :mad2: :whinging: :wave:

I'd pee on a spark plug if it would draw a Deer in for a shot? :thinking: :shrug:

14. I use store and last year I bought some and put it in the refrigerator all year and used it this year and dragged it close to the stand and hung it on a limb and had bucks follow my exact path grunting

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Maybe only money, and money is only money. If you work hard for it, I guess it means more to you. I was taught that money wasn't made to spend, it was made to save for really hard times. Guess that mentality is gone forever. At least my son is being taught the old way. His Grandpa who lived in the Great Depression is making sure he knows the value of a dollar. You think I'm a tight wad, my son is worse than I am. He'll sucker you into buying lunch so he can save His money! He who dies with the most- has children who have a jump start in life.

16. sixkiller

sixkiller Member

Feb 11, 2008
    vibbard
    [rquote=1886542&tid=131414&author=GTOHunter]Its only money.....and I ain't taking it with me when I'm gone! :mad2: :whinging: :wave:

I'd pee on a spark plug if it would draw a Deer in for a shot? :thinking: :shrug:[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

17. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

[rquote=1886573&tid=131414&author=Cherokee]Maybe only money, and money is only money. If you work hard for it, I guess it means more to you. I was taught that money wasn't made to spend, it was made to save for really hard times. Guess that mentality is gone forever. At least my son is being taught the old way. His Grandpa who lived in the Great Depression is making sure he knows the value of a dollar. You think I'm a tight wad, my son is worse than I am. He'll sucker you into buying lunch so he can save His money! He who dies with the most- has children who have a jump start in life.[/rquote]

then those children blow it on new cars or house and what not..................

18. GTOHunter

Just teasing You Cherokee...I assure You I have to work very hard for my money...just want to enjoy it instead of dying and have the State or Government take it all away any ways?My kids will get a jump start on life but they need to earn money and learn to save for the future too! :) :cheers: :wave:

19. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    from doe pee to the Depression :blah::blah::blah::D

20. GTOHunter

:smiley:

I know,I know...we went from Pee-ing to being Poor........Oh well its cheap conversation and I'll buy a truck load of "Doe in Estrous" if I want to! :stickfight: :stickfight: :mad2: :thinking: :whistle: