Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever hunt Urich CA down in Henry County, planning a hunt this week just wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well we hit up Urich CA on tuesday...only thing we saw "between 5 of us" was a deer leg that had been chewed up by a coyote. That place was dead. Just didnt seem like it had enough food source around to keep deer in after the rifle season. The land had perfect deer habitat and awsome terrain features, just no deer at all. Might have to hit it back up next year for opening Archery Season!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
when i lived in warrensburg a friend and i bowhunted that place a lot. we had axcess to lots of private land and spent more time hunting there cause we saw so many deer and some nice bucks to boot. I have not hunted there for prob 12 years so i cant say what its like now. It did get kinda slow after rifle season.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
went to martha perry a couple times but never enough to get to know it real well. Had a friend take a nice archery buck off there once,

When i lived in marshal i hunted marshall junction wildlife area and saw plenty there as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ya me and a adamwytt have been thinking about heading up to Perry to check it out and get to know the land so we can hunt it pretty hard next season

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Its pretty big and lots of places to axcess it I did see deer there one of the two times ( does ). I had a lot of private ground around warrensburg so we usually went there.

I will add there were very few times i didnt see deer at urich. I shot a ton of deer out of there with my bow hunting on the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts