1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry beenaway for awhile my daughter got married 3weeks
ago and I switched jobs so I been alittle busy
I have worked at the farm most of the week-end and
was going to put in a fall plot but believe it or not it was alittle damp we got a inch of rain thursday so i mowed
the clover and my crp. and laid out the spot where we are going to put our shed/cabin. ask me if im excited. :cheers:
we are going to put a 30 X 45 foot shed and going to finish 18 X 30 for a cabinit will have a concrete floor and a porch on
the front with concrete for the floor. it will have running water
and wired for lights but will have to have a generator.
anyway here are some pics of the plots and where the shed will be.

[file]7124[/file]

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Your plots are awesome rmr!
You have some lucky deer!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
You must have got some nice timely rains...our corn is fired up around here and the beans are just now starting to set.
excellant pics and what feed!!

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tobryan we have had just enough rain just when we needed it
it rained a inch last thursday at the farm and less than a tenth at my house. We havent had enough rain to help fill
ponds this pond is down 3 feet and there are no livestock
watering out of it.
riverbottom, the job is going good.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Just a thought...but if you aren't going to live in the building and you don't want the noise of a generator, just wire the lights to run off of a 12 volt car battery. Charge a couple up before you go each time. Quiet and effective.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,529 Posts
Looking good rmr. You must have gotten your beans planted early. Corn has made nicely as well.

My farmer planted our soybeans mid May. They're just starting to bloom. Need some rain. The corn in my foodplot is coming on, but not filled quite as well as your yet. It was planted late May. I still got time though. At least the animals are leaving mine alone so far.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
OH WOW !!!! GREEN PLOTS !!!! WHATS THAT?!??!!

You are one lucky fella we are burnt to a crisp here....I am hoping that a good rain will bring my clover back out of it....Beans all look decent from a distance here but the bean is not filling out in the pods....

WE NEED RAIN!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hoyt thats a good idea we have done that in duck blind before it works great andwill last a long time with just light bulbs i think im going the generator route so I can
work on machinery and might want to have a little frig
and a/c for a week end stay. i am thinking about running
water , Im working with the water district to try
to get water they will run it to the site for the cost of the meter 520 and then 8.00 per month min. I have all girls and
I think they want indoor plumbing. still not sure on heat
would like wood but if I have water inside might want something that would keep things from freezeing up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.