Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I CAN NOT WAIT for a couple of upcoming fights.

What are your predictions on these........

Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin

and....potentially one of the greatest fights in a while....

Georges St. Pier vs. BJ Penn

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
I hope the Penn GSP fight lives up to what it could be if both are on their game. Im thinkin GSP in this one and Franklin in the other one.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Im calling GSP, and Henderson. No question in my eyes. GSP is a machine. And the GSP and Penn fight will be the closest. Im pretty confident Hollywood will dominate Franklin pretty bad.

Just my opinion..:wave:

Id say if im wrong on either, it will be if Penn wins. Which isnt far fetched in my eyes. That is prolly gonna be the best fight of 09 in my opinion.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BJ and GSP are two of my favorite fighters and have been for a LONG time. That's a tough one for me to call.

I have always thought, and honestly believe that if BJ Penn comes to a fight in great shape with good cardio that there could possibly be nobody out there that could beat him at the top of his game. He is obviously ridiculously talented on the ground, but man...his striking is up there with the best of them no doubt about it. GSP is a freak though. He may be close to as good as BJ on the feet and is probably a better wrestler on the ground, but not better BJJ. He is without a doubt a much more gifted athlete and I think probably has one of those unrivaled work ethics.
Man I hope BJ comes in in top shape and with his A game. This has the potential to be one for the ages. I think either could submit the other or I think BJ could knock GSP out standing or GSP could ground and pound a stoppage. Very difficult fight to call but I'm going to have to go with GSP. He's the naturally bigger guy and I think that could show. BJ just never looked quite the same fighting at 170 as he does at 155.

As for Franklin and Henderson...I like both guys. Dan Henderson is one unbelievably tough guy. I just can't see Franklin handling him. Henderson will take it to the ground and Franklin won't be able to hang. If Franklin can keep it standing he has a shot for sure.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Originally posted by Chad
Originally posted by seth_turner_04
I'm never betting on UFC after my predictions from the other night. I'll be broke in no time. :mad2:

Anyway....go GSP. :D
The only one i didnt call right was Rampage...I figured Wandi would knock him out.:shrug:
should have, that one disappointed me

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Originally posted by rangerdvr
GSP and Franklin, I'll bet all your money on it
you wont bet any of my money on it...:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2: Go back and watch the franklin vs silva fights, and then watch the henderson vs silva fight. I think you all will change your mind. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
GSP and Henderson... I can't understand why the UFC is keeping Frankilin around he said publicly that he will never fight Silva again. and If you aint gonna fight the champ get outta the way!!!IMHO.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
BJ and GSP are two of my favorite fighters and have been for a LONG time. That's a tough one for me to call.

I have always thought, and honestly believe that if BJ Penn comes to a fight in great shape with good cardio that there could possibly be nobody out there that could beat him at the top of his game. He is obviously ridiculously talented on the ground, but man...his striking is up there with the best of them no doubt about it. GSP is a freak though. He may be close to as good as BJ on the feet and is probably a better wrestler on the ground, but not better BJJ. He is without a doubt a much more gifted athlete and I think probably has one of those unrivaled work ethics.
Man I hope BJ comes in in top shape and with his A game. This has the potential to be one for the ages. I think either could submit the other or I think BJ could knock GSP out standing or GSP could ground and pound a stoppage. Very difficult fight to call but I'm going to have to go with GSP. He's the naturally bigger guy and I think that could show. BJ just never looked quite the same fighting at 170 as he does at 155.

As for Franklin and Henderson...I like both guys. Dan Henderson is one unbelievably tough guy. I just can't see Franklin handling him. Henderson will take it to the ground and Franklin won't be able to hang. If Franklin can keep it standing he has a shot for sure.
I feel identical to the way you do, I like all the fighters involved, and think BJvs GSP will be a spectacular fight!

I also see Henderson defeating Franklin, I like Franklin, but he has lost a step or two IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts