Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Up close coyote....

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Keith 
#1 ·
I was sneakin and peekin fields today, turkey hunting...I came up to a brushy backed terrace, peeked both ways, and a nice big yote was coming from the north, right along the uphill side of the terrace...I let him get right in front of me, and said, "hey", real nice and soft...lol. He about came unglued!!! I had the 3 1/2" ready, just in case...His eyes got pretty big when he looked at me standing there, about eye level, and 6 feet away!!!!!!!! Didn't want to shoot and risk spookin turkeys......made for a fun hunt!!!

#4 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Bwhahahahahahah!

I bet he about had a @#$% hemmorage! :D
He couldn't skin out fast enuff....lol

Yea, cfraz...I thought the same thing...

#5 ·
Didnt see any yotes on my outings this year but the last 2 mornings I was out, I had a possum coming down the trail at me while I was walking in. I shined the light on him and the dummy did just like they do on the road, just stared into the light and kept coming so I prepared to bash his little head in with the butt of my gun but he figured it out at the last minute. Then, after I am sitting against a tree and it is starting to get light, i hear something making a lot of racket coming towards me. the first day I wasnt sure what it was till i saw it was an armdillo. He came to about 3 feet from me before I finally waved my gun barrel and whispered hey to him which made him jump and head int the opposite direction pretty fast. The second morning, the same dillo came around again. this time I thought I'd try taking a swing at him with my deer knife. I had my arm ****ed and ready and he looked up and saw me and did the same 180 scram. Stupid varments. I thought about going back the nect morning just to pop both of them suckers but decided sleeping in late was a better idea.

#6 ·
Bowpredator , that possum you saw reminded me of a joke that a kid called into a local radio station. He asked"why did the chicken cross the road?" His answer was to show the possums it can be done :D

Fireman, that is fun to see ol' wiley try leave their skin behind......:rotfl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.