unofficial scored nearly 410 and has 68 countable points.

Discussion in 'Hunting News' started by mrb, May 23, 2009.

1. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Big buck found dead in Kansas was a whopper
    by Jeff Leonard
    Friday, May 22, 2009

The Show Me State has been the home of the “Missouri Monarchâ€, the current non-typical world record whitetail mount since the early 1980s, but if a recent story released by Outdoor Life is correct, that record may soon be “shown up†in a big way.

According to Outdoor Life, a buck was found dead (not taken by hunters) by a farmer in our Kansas. The farmer notified several local shed hunters, who along with the farmer wished to remain anonymous, and they retrieved the dead buck from an embankment on his property.

Here’s where the story, if the details are found true, becomes amazing. According to Outdoor Life’s account, this buck unofficially unofficial scored nearly 410 and has 68 countable points.

For any whitetail hunter, this number is hard to wrap your mind around. To help put this into perspective, the “Missouri Monarch,†the current Missouri world record, only scores 333 7/8, and I use the word “only†very loosely.

To further grasp these amazing measurements, one needs to understand that a whitetail with antlers measuring 195 can be considered a Boone and Crockett potential record in the non-typical category. If legitimate, this new found buck could possibly score more than double this minimum.

Rest of story can be read here

St. Joseph News-Press

2. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    thats been floatin around for a bit now, unfortunately, they stained the rack with "something", and the shed antler they stick on and off the rack is kinda fruit as well.

3. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
  4. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    [rquote=1272722&tid=89102&author=mrb]
    To further grasp these amazing measurements, one needs to understand that a whitetail with antlers measuring 195 can be considered a Boone and Crockett potential record in the non-typical category. If legitimate, this new found buck could possibly score more than double this minimum.
    [/rquote]

:cheers:

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    St. albans can beat that easy.

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Key word......"Unofficial";)

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1286011&tid=89102&author=fireman_3311]Key word......"Unofficial";)[/rquote]
    Doubting thomas. :rof2:

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm from the show-me state on this one. ;) :whistle:

9. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    where can we see a pic of this hog

10. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    At outdoorlife.com but its got a shed antler and barb wire all stuck in with it, so its hard to get a real good idea of the real deal.