Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
141 - 160 of 285 Posts
Discussion starter · #141 ·
:kewlpics:
Man that's some awesome looking spots you got there.
That smooth gravel to wade in is what dreams are made of.....when yo ol man like me.:D
It's trickier than it looks there. I walked over to an easy spot to land that fish, but out in the current there's a lot of bedrock that's slick and uneven. The moss clumps you can see are covering the out cropping of such. I about fell several times on the first run I made through that stretch, so the next time I went through I had my wading staff.

Discussion starter · #142 ·
Just finished tying up this batch for a smallmouth fly swap. Glad that's over. Still gotta tie a few more for my own box though. This is a Murdich/Shuttle**** hybrid fly, tied on No. 4 Gamakatsu streamer hooks. There's a few that are missing an element here and there, hard to remember everthing in the recipe sometimes when there's 8 materials and 10 steps to complete for each one!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #146 ·
8 materials and ten steps, I'd end up tied up

Nice work
Thanks Fishshooter! One step at a time. Bourbon makes me forget a step every now and then.....

I give up....whatcha chasin' with that one?

Ahhh...I wondered if that was the intended prey.

Discussion starter · #153 ·
Fished the blue fly last night.

Observations made:

Hitting yourself with the fly and sticking a 2/0 hook into your flesh well past the barb presents an issue.

Eh...shove it on through and cut off the barb, pull it out........:scared: Been there, done that....but not with anything NEAR that big!!! A #16 can't be anything like a 2/0!!!!

Discussion starter · #156 ·
It was jerked out. Had a buddy in the boat so it was his job. He failed on the first try and that's when it started to hurt. Came out pretty easy on the second try however...

At least the barb on a Gamakatsu is relatively small.

Discussion starter · #160 ·
Just a segue, is there someone who posts a gallery of rainbow trout here?
Post up if you want.:cheers:

I don't know if there's a running picture thread or not, someone else may know. You could start one.

I have to laugh a little though at this section title of the forum â€" "Trout & Fly Fishing."

I hang around with a lot of guys that fly fish, and in the big picture trout are just another species we fish for. I've probably been fishing about 20 times this year, 2 of those trips were gear fishing and the rest have been fly fishing. I've only fished for trout once so far this year.

I'm always amused when someone finds out I like to fly fish and they say something like 'Where do you fish for trout?'

One of my buddies was smallmouth fishing recently and a couple of floaters came along, made some **** chat and paddled by. He overheard them say something like 'that guy's a dummy, there's no trout in this river.'

141 - 160 of 285 Posts