Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
101 - 120 of 285 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Got maybe a touch more material on this one than I should have, but I like the way it looks. I think it'll fish well.

Attachments

If you're having problems breaking thread, try using GSP. I use it tying Y2K's. Toughest stuff I've seen yet.
GSP is good stuff . First time I seen or used any flies tied with it was in Canada a few years back. A guide (college kid) that helped guide on trout lake swore by it..

GSP is good stuff . First time I seen or used any flies tied with it was in Canada a few years back. A guide (college kid) that helped guide on trout lake swore by it..
The only reason I use it is because of how much tensile strength it has. You can really bind down the yarn with it so the material doesn't move around on the hook. I've fished 3 days before with the same Y2K egg pattern and caught 100+ fish on them without the yarn moving. Good stuff.

Wow....I'm thinkin' spey rod!!!

Discussion starter · #105 ·
Wow....I'm thinkin' spey rod!!!
Believe it or not, that will throw ok with my 8-weight. I'm thinking of getting a 10-weight though.

Rubber leg's look great.Ive alway's wondered if you could use them in areas that define rubber bait as non-artificial?
As long as they are tied on the hook, yes. It clearly defines "rubber legs" as OK. Or are you wanting to use them in natural bait areas that say no fly fishing??

It's accepted as long as it's not the primary or only material. These will definitely be dunked in some blue ribbon water.
yep,and that's what ive always assumed.....just cant never find it in regs ever.
Only thing close ive found.....is blue ribbon reg that states...
only artificial lures and flies may be used.Natural,soft plastic, and scrnted baits are prohibited.
This is typically what are on signs.
and now we're on subject is chammy natural?:rof2::scared:

Thanks,im agreeing and have heard these type baits can be used.....but have heard to the contrary.
Now a chammy worm is basically a piece of chamois goat leather tied on.....don't know what they mean by natural?....but it seems chammy worm would be natural to me?

View attachment 63829
It clearly says that only soft plastics and scented rubber is not allowed. So anything artificial that is tied onto a fly other than those are legal.
what you have in bold say's anything tied onto fly except soft plastic/natural/scented bait.....???????
Ive always defined soft plastics as rubber jigs,worms,trailers,etc.Naturals as real worms,minnows,crickets,etc. but as 421 states if lure/bait is only partially tied with rubber/soft plastic and as you say actually tied on......makes sense to me.
but......
where does it state that actually partially tied on soft plastic is OK?

101 - 120 of 285 Posts