Crocodile Organism Shorts Crocodilia Flash photography
Clothing Shoe Smile Vertebrate Tire
Head Crocodile American crocodile Nile crocodile Alligator
Plant Smile Plant community Sky Cloud
Head Crocodile American crocodile Nile crocodile Alligator
Trousers Jeans Smile Automotive tire Workwear
Crocodile Alligator American crocodile Nile crocodile American alligator
Plant Smile Plant community Sky Cloud
I'm not sure where this needs to be, but Mods, if you need to move it, please do so.

Hi,
I have been a long time member , but not very active here, so you probably don't recognize my name. A couple of people, like Scott Ashburn, will vouch for me though.

I have a unique opportunity for somebody. I was, once again, fortunate enough to be drawn for an alligator hunting permit in my state of Mississippi for our public waters hunt for our 10 day season starting August 30th through September 8th.

I have caught more alligators than I have a use for and do not want to add another head to my collection. Instead, I would like to swap my alligator hunt for some kind of hunt that you may have for an animal that we don't have in Mississippi.

We'll get into the nitty-gritty if I see an offer that interests me.

A couple more details:1) my permit is for 2 alligators and I must be present on the hunt (state law). Ownership of the alligator cannot be transferred until after a CITES tag has been issued for the harvested animal(s). (Within a business day)
2)we can accommodate 2 people on the boat, besides my team.
3) the return offer must also accommodate at least 2, if not 3 people.
3) I am not an outfitter, however I have been hunting alligators since 2006 and have caught over 200 of them, some over 12 feet. I have been guiding other people on their hunts for 10 years. I have all equipment needed
4)This offer has been posted on another board and we've gotten some interesting offers, so ante up and let's swap a hunt!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but no. We’ve got big blues down here too.

· Registered
3,677 Posts
Trying to figure out what we would have in Missouri that you all don't have in Mississippi. You've got deer, turkey, coyotes, bobcats, racoons, possum, hogs, quail, dove, all the fish we have except maybe Muskie.

Idk, maybe Pheasants? Am I missing anything?

Reactions: CuivreDog2

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trying to figure out what we would have in Missouri that you all don't have in Mississippi. You've got deer, turkey, coyotes, bobcats, racoons, possum, hogs, quail, dove, all the fish we have except maybe Muskie.

Idk, maybe Pheasants? Am I missing anything?
Probably not. I know I'm fishing, but a lot of people from a lot of states are registered HERE at MWT. I'm just covering my bases to see if anyone might have something to offer. Our system is a lottery and the zone I apply for usually has between 7-11 to one odds of being drawn. I got lucky again and since I have already caught a bunch of bruisers, I'd like to hang something else on the wall.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to hunt alligators! But it is a team sport and since the permit is in my name, I will have to be there. The person I trade with will get as much of the hunt as he/she wants, but I can guarantee you that with a 12 foot 600 lb alligator, they will need help and that's what we will be there for!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Crocodile Extinction Alligator Cabinetry Crocodilia
Wood Art Gesture Artifact Metal
Jaw Organism Tooth Bone Fang
Jaw Wood Artifact Shelf Metal
Grey Walking shoe Alligator Outdoor shoe Athletic shoe
Extinction Jaw Dinosaur Wood Bone
Jaw Wood Reptile Terrestrial animal Working animal
Curious what you do with a critter like that ? Skin ? Meat ?
Well, in short, the animal is yours. Nearly everyone has the head done one way or another. European bone mount is popular as well as a live mount. Folks have gotten creative with different dips and techniques over the last couple of years.

Nearly all the meat is edible, so it is butchered into nuggets, tail steaks, and sausage.

The hide can be salted and sold to a buyer. Or it can be sent to a tannery like AmTan and professionally tanned or you can run it through about a 4 week process and "hard-tan" it yourself for a wall mount. If you send it off, the hide comes back dyed to your order. Then you can send it off to another place to have items made from it. I've put up a couple of pics to illustrate

Attachments

Reactions: WBF

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im shocked rat hasnt pounced with an offer of a Bigfoot safari
Ha! We actually have a local Bigfoot society down here. Don't hear much out of em lately, though.

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,818 Posts
Sounds like a fun time. I really like the dipped skulls.
We shot ours with a bow fishing outfit. Took them into a processor and we got the raw skulls and some of the meat in exchange for them keeping the rest. They got the better end of the deal for what we got back on 3 that were over 7', and one that was a 9 footer, I thought.
Regardless, was a good time, bucket list item for sure.
Once was enough for me, but do you have a price you'd sell a tag for someone interested?

· Part-time malcontent
8,455 Posts
One thing we have here, and not there (I think) is smallmouth and/or trout float trips.

I'm not one to swap on this though as I really don't want an alligator.

Edit: maybe you should try and swap for a hunt out west?

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I would like a gator. But since I hate hot weather and skeeters I prefer to chop one out of the ice.:D

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like a fun time. I really like the dipped skulls.
We shot ours with a bow fishing outfit. Took them into a processor and we got the raw skulls and some of the meat in exchange for them keeping the rest. They got the better end of the deal for what we got back on 3 that were over 7', and one that was a 9 footer, I thought.
Regardless, was a good time, bucket list item for sure.
Once was enough for me, but do you have a price you'd sell a tag for someone interested?
DPx2, the thing is that our permits are not transferable. I have to be in the boat, as the permit holder, in order to hunt alligators. Oncethe Gator is caught and tagged, then I can do what I want with it, including give it to someone else. The alligator nor its parts can be sold. However, my guide services can and my equipment can be rented. Therein lies the value of this scenario. It would be your responsibility (figuratively) for the expenses of dealing with the alligator in the way you see fit just as it would be mine to have an elk processed and head mounted if I booked an elk hunt. None of it can happen without that permit, though.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I can offer you a top notch Missouri snipe hunt. I didn't see that on the list of things that someone posted you hunt in Mississippi.

Lemme know!!!
Im gonna tell him not to go for it. I never got my tshirt and he probably wouldn't either.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Ha! We actually have a local Bigfoot society down here. Don't hear much out of em lately, though.
I can offer a Bigfoot hunt here in MO if you are interested but there will be various conditions, waivers and safety briefs. It's not for the faint of heart.

That aside, what would you charge for a yankee from MO to come down and kill a gator? I'd pay prime to do something like that and this is a serious reply. I wouldn't have anything to trade other than creek fishing or a spring turkey hunt... and couldnt guarantee your pleasure on either. Always wanted a gator, willing to pay.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.