Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I got this in an email and I don't know any details(where, when, who, ect.). But here's what it said....

Holy cow...

They hung it up and went in to eat. They heard somehting outside and looked and, well the pictures explain it all.

They yelled at it but it didnt care. I wouldnt have believed him had he not had the pictures.

Guess it was hungry, all they could do was take pic,s.

[file]83923[/file]

[file]83925[/file] [file]83927[/file] [file]83929[/file] [file]83931[/file]

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
atleast the bear skinned it for them

·
Registered
13,734 Posts
Looks like it left the backstraps, too. Left some of the hams. Not a total loss, if you don't mind bear cooties:D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,884 Posts
All the animals of the forest love a nice venison dinner..... And that includes myself, and it looks like da bearz too.....:D

·
Under appreciated
89,769 Posts
Bet the inside loins are still in there... someone get a knife.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Good grief that bear is FAT. Looks like he was tryin to become fatter

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i always thought black bear wouldnt eat meat guess i was waaay wrong..he sure did a number on homeboys slickhead

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1507777&tid=105144&author=ghbeagles]i always thought black bear wouldnt eat meat guess i was waaay wrong..he sure did a number on homeboys slickhead[/rquote]

never heard of a bear that dont eat meat lol

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
Seeing is believing... still kinda saying "whoa" to myself here.

·
2,842 Posts
So maybe "that" is the true definition of Camp Meat?? Sacrafice a small doe so them bears don't mess with your bucks. I got a feeling this was a set-up anyways. However that gambrel and cheesy yellow rope held up quite well:cheers:

·
Horny D
5,645 Posts
Protected or not, ain't no way I'm letting a bear do that to my deer. Honey, get my shotgun...

·
Registered
13,734 Posts
That happened to my SIL's Dad's elk this fall in CO or WY, (dunno which). They'd quartered it up and hung the quarters in the tree, like they're supposed to, but I guess one quarter got hung too low. The bear made off with the whole thing while they were snoozin' nearby.
They were probably all tuckered out after messing with that elk all day, and figured it was high enough. Apparently not.:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
oh come on all the pictures were taken from a different angle all you have to do is look at the rope wrapped around the tree it straightens out at the end were you sanding right there taking the pictures hoping the bear would not take a intrest in you? :eek::eek:

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by suddenincline]

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
[rquote=1507779&tid=105144&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1507777&tid=105144&author=ghbeagles]i always thought black bear wouldnt eat meat guess i was waaay wrong..he sure did a number on homeboys slickhead[/rquote]

never heard of a bear that dont eat meat lol[/rquote]

Panda, Koala :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Every pic is at a different angle. Makes it look like they were walking around watching. I know I wouldn't have. Probably would've fired off a shot into the ground though. I bet he woulda booked outa there then.

It's amazing how some people get ripped for some game violations on this site, but no one says a word about how many people post about how they would illegally shoot a protected animal. :thinking:

I think I'd rather lose a doe than my hunting license, gun, money, and spend time in jail.

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by MarauderYak]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts