Ugh!

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Judah, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    My turnips and wheat look so sick due to the lack of rain since SEPTEMBER 14TH!!!!! We have had one shower of maybe 1/10 of an inch since I put the wheat down almost two MONTHS ago! :mad2:

Tell me my plot isn't the only one sick? The turnip greens are shriveled and off color, the wheat is taking on some yellowish tint.

The wind blew down most of the corn I had standing. Welcome to food plotting huh? :shrug:

Good news is, the wildlife are still eating out of it, that's all that matters I guess. :cheers:

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    yea my wheat and peas are turning a pale

3. Dirtdog

Dirtdog Active Member

Jul 23, 2009
    same here! My turnip and WW plot looked so green and lush back a month ago. Saw it today and it was wilted and looked pretty nasty. Turips that are in the ground look good but no so much with the leaves

4. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Same here.....the turnips,brassicas and rape are looking pretty bad but the wheat is holding its own......still the Deer are hitting it cause its something different other than acorns and I'm sure the frost have made the smaller tender plants very desireable!I just hope and pray :praying: it last til Gun Season? :thinking:

They are calling for colder weather and possibly some rain by next wednesday.....but they lie! :whinging: :boohoo: :blah:

5. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Ya get any rain now & the corn on the ground will rot. :mad2::mad2:
    I was going to put out some winter wheat seed after the corn came out on one of our leases, but glad I didn't as it'd been a waste of seed with no rain.
    We're going to put in a 3-5 acre food plot next year, assuming we lease the same ground again.

6. duckhntr00

duckhntr00 Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Same here. I've found that cursing mother nature only upsets her more and thus, still no rain. I'm ready to try anything, rain dance.......etc...this is the worst I remember in some time

7. peanut1

peanut1 Active Member

Oct 3, 2007
    ofallon
    Sorry to say ours did great this year the deer are hammering the purple tops still Have not hit bassarics but it's 2-3 feet tall so this frost should be helping

8. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Lack of water sure sounds like a problem, but the coloration on brassicas usually points to a lack of nitrogen if yellow and phosphorus if purple.