Typical vs. Non

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by cfdjay, Feb 16, 2006.

1. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    What's your ideal trophy?
  2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I had to choose "Doesn't Matter" because I want a huge mainframe 12 with double droptines. Real clean and LOTS of mass!!!

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
  4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Thats a hard one, if were talking whitetails, i think a perfectly symmetrical 14 pointer is very desierable.. however, them nasty gnarly 150 cactus pointed doods are one in a million as well.. Id shoot either, as for if i had to choose, i dont think i could..
  5. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    NON-Typical all the way!
  6. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

My first bow kill. A 108" 10 point
  7. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I want a non-typical. Just because I have a couple of nice typicals and non-typicals seem very rare, I have never seen one in 19 years of hunting. Although, for sheer beauty, a big sweeping 10 point is hard to beat.
  8. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    A big narly non-typical will do just fine!
  9. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004

Now come on yall... You can't tell me that this isn't one of the most beautuful things you've ever seen!

Or this one:

10. clansey

clansey New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Bozeman, MT
    LOTS of mass. Heavy racks.
  11. stocker

stocker New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Montgomery City, MO
    My 14 point doe will always be my trophy.

Actually every deer I take is a trophy one way or another. Be it the thrill of the hunt or the person I shared the hunt with or the sights I seen while waiting on it to come into range. My sons first button is amoung the trophies I have on the wall also. Just the excitment in his eyes as it fell to the ground.
  12. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    BIG is all I ask!!
  13. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    I totally understand this view, BUT I believe that the question was asking about your dream buck... :pop:
  14. RAKMAN

RAKMAN Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Cape Girardeau
    170" eight point. Man that would be just swell.:neuspeuter:
  15. Ms.Doe

Ms.Doe New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Mid, Mo
    I'm not pickie. I woodn't turn down anyone of them. They came in my crosshair there going down. :sniper:

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Anything bigger than what I have on the wall, or one to win a four wheeler and or one big enough I have to try to loose all the vehicles trying to follow me back to my hunting grounds.

Or any nice buck my daughter wants to shoot..;)
  17. paleohunter

paleohunter New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Does'nt matter!...I hunt for mature bucks no matter the hat he wears.... Some get you more pumped than others....... I think that a "Perfect" huge rack is the most rare!
  18. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Any meat in the freezer is a trophy for me because that is the main reason why I hunt. A nice rack is always a bonus and I think I probably like the non typicals a little better just because there is always so much variation in them. There are a lot of typical racks that look pretty identical but most non-typicals are gonna be pretty unique.
  19. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I imagine to 99.9% of the people on here, they won't pass a trophy typical or non - typical if presented an opportunity. But for me, an ideal trophy would be a really nice typical that would net score about 180. I know, I'm not asking for much. :eek: