Two Way Radios

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Hunter79, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Hunter79

Hunter79 Active Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    They're NOT illegal to use when deer hunting. You can use them. My brother and I found this out last year from our local CA. He said they're not illigal in MO. We told him that we orchestrate deer drives every year with quite a few guys and we all have radios, is that legal, he said sure is. And if that doesn't convince you, here's a thread from a couple years ago that might.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=68133#pid940131

:cheers:

2. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

We've used the 2-way radios.....they are nice to have when You can radio your Hunting Buddies whats moving around and the different Deer you've seen while on stand...You'd be surprised at how much a Buck will travel on a certain property and make his rounds looking for hot Doe's!Same thing goes for seeing a coyote and warning another Hunter he has one coming his way....and it makes for great entertainment and passing the time away and letting each other know how they are doing and where they are! :cheers: :cheers: :eek::

3. cshoff

cshoff New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Gasconade County
    [rquote=1880765&tid=130982&author=Hunter79]They're NOT illegal to use when deer hunting. You can use them. My brother and I found this out last year from our local CA. He said they're not illigal in MO. We told him that we orchestrate deer drives every year with quite a few guys and we all have radios, is that legal, he said sure is. And if that doesn't convince you, here's a thread from a couple years ago that might.

:cheers:[/rquote]

Who said they were illegal?

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I sure keep in touch via text but we dont use radios anymore.

Still dont do it other than to pass the time... and sure dont do it to orchestrate drives or anything.

Just a nice thing to have in order to let folks know where you are and when you'll be back.

5. Hunter79

Hunter79 Active Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    [rquote=1880791&tid=130982&author=cshoff][rquote=1880765&tid=130982&author=Hunter79]They're NOT illegal to use when deer hunting. You can use them. My brother and I found this out last year from our local CA. He said they're not illigal in MO. We told him that we orchestrate deer drives every year with quite a few guys and we all have radios, is that legal, he said sure is. And if that doesn't convince you, here's a thread from a couple years ago that might.

Who said they were illegal? [/rquote]

The question of being illegal was brought up in this thread. http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=130933 Just thought I'd make a new one so anyone that didn't open that thread would still see it. :cheers:

6. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Its a very good idea to get one of those ear plug-ins so nothing can hear the radio go off when talking on the 2-way radio's....I love using them but some of the newer radio's have way to many silly bells,whistles and bleeps on them to suit my needs out in the woods. :shrug: :thinking:

7. Hunter79

Hunter79 Active Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Maywood, MO
    [rquote=1880815&tid=130982&author=GTOHunter]Its a very good idea to get one of those ear plug-ins so nothing can hear the radio go off when talking on the 2-way radio's....I love using them but some of the newer radio's have way to many silly bells,whistles and bleeps on them to suit my needs out in the woods. :shrug: :thinking: [/rquote]

I still have the older school ones that don't have all the bells and whistles. And yes, for me, those ear plug-ins are a must have. Neither one of my brothers use them, but I sure do. I won't sit a stand without one because they pop when the other hunter's button is depressed. I would be "depressed" if that happened while I had one coming in. :rof2:

8. Rifleman

Rifleman New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    We use them too. I bought some of the Midlands last year and they seem to work a little better than the older Motorola's that we used to have. Unfortunately, with the terrain at our place, and the location of my stands, I can't always seem to reach back to the barn. I would love to just text, but once again, the terrain cuts out almost all cell signal.

I heard that the local pd was replacing all of their handheld units and selling the old ones for cheap - gonna have to look into that!

9. Yahoo

Yahoo Active Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    I have to turn mine off, other people are to gabby, I only turn it on if someone shoots

10. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    We use ours on every hunt.

11. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    [rquote=1880765&tid=130982&author=Hunter79]They're NOT illegal to use when deer hunting. You can use them. My brother and I found this out last year from our local CA. He said they're not illigal in MO. We told him that we orchestrate deer drives every year with quite a few guys and we all have radios, is that legal, he said sure is. And if that doesn't convince you, here's a thread from a couple years ago that might.

Why would they be illegal?

12. Z7shooter237

Z7shooter237 Member

Sep 29, 2010
  13. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    yeah, you can't bait but you can keep everyone aware of deer movement through technology. sweet:cheers:

14. Jeet

Jeet New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    [rquote=1881305&tid=130982&author=winger]yeah, you can't bait but you can keep everyone aware of deer movement through technology. sweet:cheers:[/rquote]

Yeah, they can let us know how good they're hitting the bait plots while we sit in empty woods.:stirpot::bored: