Two good ones today!!

Discussion in 'Artifacts, Knappings & Other Treasures' started by shaf, May 27, 2009.

1. shaf

shaf Member

Dec 19, 2005
    The wife and I went creekwalking today and found these two!! I believe the drill was reworked and the other I am not sure of the base...was it made that way or is the base broke?? Enjoy!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Nice finds. I'm guessin the point is broke at the base. Seems like there should be more there.

3. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Sweet... looks like the drill has it's tip broken off... the white one I'd say is intact. Base was probably damaged at one time... then ground smooth. :rock:

4. Dalton

Dalton Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Warren County
    That looks like a classic kirk snapped base to me:eek:: I believe it was done on purpose. Nice finds:eek::

5. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    How do you keep your hands so clean ? Mine are always impregnated with John Deere grease .

6. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    That Drill reminds me alot of a Perferator I found... in some ways kinda has shoulders like it... beefy. I was'nt sure if there was such a thing as a snap base... heard arguments for and against. When they look like that... it's either they snap the base off after damaging it... or grind it down, or a disc done it. I know it's smooth... I found a spear point like that once. base wise...