TWINS!!!!!! (Updated Pics)

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by BioBuck, May 25, 2009.

1. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

I finally got a chance to get some over due food plot work done this weekend and my cousin and I stumbled across an awesome couple of surprises...twin fawns!!!! They were both resting between 3 and 5 feet off the trail I have going through the middle of my property. On our way in my cousin spotted the first one, and I was kicking myself in the butt for not bringing my digital camera. I even looked at the camera twice before I left and figured there was no need to bring it so I left it behind. GUESS WHO IS KICKING THEMSELVES IN THE BUTT NOW?!?!?!?

Anyway, while getting some work done on the food plot, I started thinking that I had a disposable camera in my glove box. So I ran back to the truck to check, and there it was. I took several (crappy) pics, but something was better than nothing.

On our last walk back to the truck (we went back and forth 5 or 6 times), I noticed the fawn had moved about 15 feet from where it originally was. Then I glanced where it was the first time we saw it, and sure enough there was the original fawn still resting there. There were twins 15 feet apart and we never even noticed the second fawn until we were on our way out. Dang those dudes blend in good!

Here are a couple of the low quality, scanned pics I was able to get with the flashless disposable camera. I also took a few pics with my cell phone...I am just going to have to have one of my technologically educated high schoolers show me how to e-mail the darn things to myself.

[file]58430[/file]

2. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

Here's the other little youngster...

[file]58432[/file]

3. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

After a hard days work of mowing oats, sraying weeds and cutting down a bunch of sycamore stumps and removing some less desirable hickories, my cousin and I hit the lake and pulled out a handful of crappie. My cousin nearly landed the biggest bass I have seen in the lake. It looked to be well over 4 pounds to me when it was 5 feet from the boat.

[file]58434[/file]

4. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

I was a little surprised when I found this plastic tube bait in the bellies of one of the fish.

[file]58436[/file]

5. brushpile

brushpile New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Springfield, MO
    You had quite a day!:claphands:

6. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

I finally got some of the pics from my wife's phone onto the computer...much better quality than that crappy disposable camera!

[file]58486[/file]

7. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

Here's the other little guy/gal...

[file]58488[/file]

8. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
  9. SHORTSHOT

SHORTSHOT Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    KANSAS CITY
  10. h_callahan

h_callahan Senior Member

Nov 14, 2008
    warren county
    thats pretty neat bio

11. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    :claphands::cheers:

12. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    Very nice...:kewlpics:

:cheers:

13. rmr

rmr New Member

very cool, I saw a fawn the other day crossing the road with its momma I thought it was a coon following the doe, it was so small,

14. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  15. Brander

Brander Active Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Ofallon,mo
  16. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter New Member

Those are always :eek:: pics. I saw one with mama out my bedroom window this morning while getting ready for work.

17. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Cool pics. Can I have my plastic bait back please?:peepwall::eek::peepwall: