Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Turtle springs...

7K views 126 replies 21 participants last post by  Thayer 
#1 ·
Looking good Thayer. One question, it looks like sericea in those last couple of pictures. Have you looked at it close? I got plenty if you need something to compare it to.

#2 ·
I just saw the other thread. I read a little about the pasture guard last year and probably would be interested. I planted about an acre of RR beans into a very thick patch of sericea last year. I tilled it real good first and sprayed the beans 3 times. I then broadcasted small grains, turnips and rape in the fall followed by frost seeded durana and chicory. So far this year I don't see any sericea in it but I will spot spary when I do. I think the broadcasting and frost seeding are important so you don't disturb the seed bank.

#5 ·
Now for some metal...

[file]36085[/file]

#6 ·
And some sides...

[file]36086[/file]

#7 ·
And the finished product...

[file]36087[/file]

#10 ·
I have an a/c unit for the cabin that we will build inside of the barn...and I came across a cooler evap section for the upcoming deer cooler..

I have to get the electric to the site before any of that gets done though.

We are working on ideas for a dc lighting system and an inverter for a microwave or tv...wood heat will have to do for a bit of time...lots of wood too!

I still think I need to get that forestry mulcher down there this winter...stay tuned!

#11 ·
Need to update the farm progress...

The cabin is starting to take shape..

[file]37674[/file]

#13 ·
Getting a bit closer...

[file]37683[/file]

#14 ·
Back wall made it up too!...

[file]37684[/file]

#16 ·
The plot area came along just fine...we overused the glypho...but I really hate the serecia...

It disced up real well..

[file]37685[/file]

#17 ·
It looks like its takin shape. You only have 15 days to finish so you can bowhunt uninterupted:2thumbsup:

:cheers::cheers:

#18 ·
We have seen some browse...

[file]37690[/file]

#19 ·
A view from Dad's tripod...

[file]37688[/file]

#20 ·
Still lots of serecia but this part of the plot is going to stay till next spring...

[file]37692[/file]

#22 ·
Now for some deer pics...

[file]37694[/file]

#23 ·
got an eight pointer...

[file]37695[/file]

#24 ·
and a nine...

[file]37696[/file]

#25 ·
I have some other body pics of these deer...give me an age guess if you will..

[file]37697[/file]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.