Turtle Shell Turkey Calls Legal??

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Mailman, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    From my previous posts of photos of my homemade turtle shell turkey calls the question was asked by a friend......Is it legal to use a shell from a turtle to make any home project? I presented that question to the Missouri Conservation Department last week in an email. An agent called me yesterday afternoon with his answer. He quoted the rule book and basically told me it was legal to make anything I wanted and as many as I wanted out of the shells. The only thing that I couldn't do is SELL one to anybody. If they allowed selling them it would create a market and people would start killing them as they crossed the road just for to sell them. I informed him that just last week someone sold one on ebay for $18.00. He informed me that this guy had broke the law. He told me that I could make as many as I wanted but don't try to sell them. Oh by the way...the little shell that I had at the Deer Classic....I GAVE it to the guy that found the shell. I repeat.....I GAVE it to him, just in case an agent from MDC is reading this post.
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I imagine it would be legal to customize someone elses shell for a fee. As long as the fee was for the work and not the shell.

3. xxx

xxx Guest

Yeppers.. I remember you giving it to him....... the shell too.......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  4. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

you can give one to me:D